Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Arizona
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any information about the swim at Ironman Arizona? Is the "Salt River" salty? Does it have a current? What is the average temp in early April? Wetsuits? Full? Is it deep, shallow, muddy or clear. Any thoughts you might have would be appreciated.

NY Slim.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Arizona [NYSLIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also does anyone know if there will be a separate Pro/Elite swim-start? Is I-M North America doing that this year? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been in it a few times. It is not salty, it is water from the Colorado River that has been canaled out to Tempe. It is a little murky, not muddy though. No bad taste or anything. It is warmish since it is not naturally flowing and does not have a current. Nothing to worry about, it should be flat and fast. Maybe a little sun in your eyes as you head east in the morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Arizona [Russ Brandt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be a wetsuit swim. Not sure what the water temp will be, but it has been sufficently cold in early May for the Olympic distance races (which 3D has apparently decided not to do anymore). I'd guess below 70, plan for a full suit if you can.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EDIT: I apologize for the is post. In the "Replay" box, it came up as a pretty table. But that got stripped out and this long run on thing came up. I will try and reformat it a bit.

I was also told that the air temperatures vary widely and can zoom up fast from early morning numbers. You may need to build some flexibility into your clothing program. pArticularly if you think you may be running after dark--you may have to have a plan for getting a layer back on, if you have dumped it off in the morning.

Here is some historical date for April 6 through April 11.

Temperature

Average High Temperature is 75 F historical range 55 F to 90 F

Average Low Temperature is 54 F historical range 42 F to 70 F

There is a 2% chance of a Hot Day (temperature over 90°F) (1 day out of 42 in historical record).
There is a 98% chance of a Warm Day (temperature over 60°F) (41 days out of 42 in historical record).
There is a 0% chance of a Freezing Day (temperature below 32°F) (0 days out of 42 in historical record).

Daily Precipitation

Average Daily Precipitation is 0.02

There is a 5% chance of a Precipitation Day (2 days out of 42 in historical record).

Cloud Cover

Average Cloud Cover is mostly sunny
There is a 7% chance of a Cloudy Day (3 days out of 42 in historical record).

Wind

Average Wind is 4 mph historical range 0 mph to 13 mph

There is a 5% chance of a Windy Day (average wind over 10 mph)

Humidity

Average High Dew Point is 39 F historical range 22 F to 53 F

Average Low Dew Point is 24 F historical range 5 F to 43

here is a 0% chance of a Humid Day (dew point over 65°F) (0 days out of 42 in historical record).
Last edited by: Monk: Nov 26, 04 15:15
Quote Reply
3 disciplines oly race [Dapper Dan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dapper Dan:

I'm hoping that 3D will do the oly in May.

I found this on their website:
http://www.3disciplines.com/region.html#sowest

Quote Reply
Re: 3 disciplines oly race [tricheermom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope so too. I received an email update from them in the last week or so, and it wasn't listed. That was at my work email so I can't check. I guess I can email Kenny and find out for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Arizona [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow seems like you did some research. I was curious because I forgot. Are you planning to do IMAZ next year also after IMF. I know Herbert will be there I think.

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Arizona [berndog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I reformatted that--I hope it is more readable.

Yes. Herbert said he is going--I think in the thread where he was asking for thoughts on Computrainer versus something else.
Quote Reply
Re: 3 disciplines oly race [tricheermom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like 3D is out, but Tucson Racing is putting on their oly race in May at Tempe Town Lake.
Quote Reply
Re: 3 disciplines oly race [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cholla,

Thanks for the heads up. I did the sprint last year and wanted to do an Oly without having to travel.

Quote Reply
Re: 3 disciplines oly race [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... and dont forget, Tucson Racing has moved its Rocky Point Mexico Triathlon to April 30th. Uno mas cerveza, por favor!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 3 disciplines oly race [Drock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I'm hoping to follow up IM AZ with Rocky Point & then the Tempe Oly in the end of May. Provided, of course, that I can still walk at that point....
Quote Reply