Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
Possibly you are just not all that intelligent or are just uninformed

Frodo pushed 260 watts at Kona last year. 20 watts fewer than the top amateur. But he didn't get any benefit from the moto

heh have you said one thing that isn't negative in this thread?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [sylvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sylvan wrote:
Through 8K Sanders has the fastest run split going - but barely. Reed, Kienle, Appleton, Clavel only a few seconds per mile slower. Next up for Sanders to catch is McMahon who's having another crater-fest. He either runs a sub-8 IM or craters the run completely - like in pretty much all of his 70.3's lately - and kinda like he did at Kona last year, before recovering later in the run.

Looks like Sanders is running 5-10 seconds faster per K. At 6 s per k over 21K, you close 2 minutes. He needs to run 10 seconds faster per K. That's close to impossible.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [rock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate the demise of a sport which used to reward cycling. Now it's "which elite swimmer can lay down the fastest run"

I don't hate watching it
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have actually. I think Lionel Sanders is putting In an outstanding performance and is getting totally gipped
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
I hate the demise of a sport which used to reward cycling. Now it's "which elite swimmer can lay down the fastest run"

I don't hate watching it

Owww poor diddums, if it was only about cycling I'm sure you'd beat Frodeno.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is clearly not as outstanding as you'd like to think it is. His swim simply isn't good enough right now. Triathlon consists of 3 sports.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well that is depending on who holds and who doesn't......but it's not looking good!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triple Crown over for Ryf?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He needs to swim at least a minute faster over the distance. He is close but needs that extra 1:00 to 1:30 better swim which he really needs to sort out this winter in the frozen north.
Last edited by: BMANX: Sep 3, 16 16:40
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I had the same coach as Holly Lawrence I would undoubtedly beat Brad Williams. Not Frodo though...I'm too slow for that.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
He needs to swill at least a minute faster over the distance. He is close but needs that extra 1:00 to 1:30 better swim which he really needs to sort out this winter in the frozen north.

He also needs to be at the start line when the gun goes off!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Yes.

Looks like Brent is fading. Lionel should catch him soon. Perhaps he over biked?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The egregious drafting is the sole reason I may never do 70.3 World's again. It is a complete and utter joke.

Why did you do it the first time? SInce it has been a draftiest since day 1 at the Clearwater debut, it has never pretended to be a real non draft race. Did you think the year you did it would magically be marshaled in a way that solo riders would have a chance?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is stagerring to me that the group that essentially owns the sport knows nothing about how make a broadcast even remotely interesting.

This coverage is mind-numbingly bad. No time gaps, missed key moments, no awareness of other athletes....

And somebody please tell Welch to STFU....he doesn't need to drone on constantly. Take a breath, FFS....

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
The egregious drafting is the sole reason I may never do 70.3 World's again. It is a complete and utter joke.

Why did you do it the first time? SInce it has been a draftiest since day 1 at the Clearwater debut, it has never pretended to be a real non draft race. Did you think the year you did it would magically be marshaled in a way that solo riders would have a chance?

No, I was just really new to the sport and very ignorant. I wanted to podium in my age group and I had no chance at all due to nature of the bike (finished 13th). Sorry for being uneducated. I now know better.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed and I am just popping in and out to watch it.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Yes.

Looks like Brent is fading. Lionel should catch him soon. Perhaps he over biked?

How could Brent possibly overbike. He's been sitting in for 90K of riding plus 1.9k of swimming. He should have been fresh for this run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, Reed and Kienle continue to trade blows and no one wants to crack....SK making a Sirius effort right now.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mel Hauschildt is running fast enough to theoretically close the gap on Lawrence, but Lawrence might just be playing conservative
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
It is stagerring to me that the group that essentially owns the sport knows nothing about how make a broadcast even remotely interesting.

This coverage is mind-numbingly bad. No time gaps, missed key moments, no awareness of other athletes....

And somebody please tell Welch to STFU....he doesn't need to drone on constantly. Take a breath, FFS....

Remember, you are watching this live, for free, from the other side of the word and quit crying.

With all the crying from the ''I wanted lionel to win'' crowd, we don't need any more crying here.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
stevej wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Yes.

How could Brent possibly overbike. He's been sitting in for 90K of riding plus 1.9k of swimming. He should have been fresh for this run.

He gave it everything he had just to not get dropped on the bike.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
If I had the same coach as Holly Lawrence I would undoubtedly beat Brad Williams. Not Frodo though...I'm too slow for that.
I guess that I'm slow. I don't get all these references to HL and Matt Dixon. Is there a link you can provide if we are not able to mention these things here? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Power13 wrote:

Remember, you are watching this live, for free, from the other side of the word and quit crying.

Yeah, sorry...I don't subscribe to the "be thankful for what you get" mindset.....if you do, you deserve what you get...which is schitt coverage.

I'm not asking for Emmy-winning coverage....basic info like time gaps and an announcer that understands he doesn't have to drone on incessantly. Doesn't seem like much to ask for....YMMV.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it was really the crying from the Lionel fans that pushed me to the edge.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Sweeney wrote:
Power13 wrote:

Yeah, sorry...I don't subscribe to the "be thankful for what you get" mindset.....if you do, you deserve what you get...which is schitt coverage.

I'm not asking for Emmy-winning coverage....basic info like time gaps and an announcer that understands he doesn't have to drone on incessantly. Doesn't seem like much to ask for....YMMV.

The issue is that they don't have time gaps. They are following the athlete tracker just like all of us.

blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next