Quote | Reply
Scroll up
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on the ISS, using a satphone... Help a comrade out

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I can't recall the name but desert dude posted about it on the thread that Jordan pulled down due to Matt Dixon and/or Sarah P threatening to sue over the content. And TRS talked about it on a recent poscast. The guy coaches pro cyclists anyways and we all know what that entails....

Great cycling workouts.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe this will be what forces him to take his swim up to the top level. Not saying he is not trying, but he needs to get his swim up at the top level.
I saw three our four times riders just sitting up in the pack because they were catching the rider in front. Lots of drafting.
I guarantee lionel wasn't sitting up.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:
Maybe this will be what forces him to take his swim up to the top level. Not saying he is not trying, but he needs to get his swim up at the top level.
I saw three our four times riders just sitting up in the pack because they were catching the rider in front. Lots of drafting.

He can't. He is giving everything he has to his swim. Follow his blog.

His swim at Wiesbaden was really decent. This is as good as he's going to get.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
blaxxuede wrote:
He has to be holding back for some reason.......no way he gained 0 time back on the bike without some sort of issue or "strategy"

Perhaps you're underestimating the huge advantage created by the draft from the photo motorbikes, trikes as well as other 10+ competitors. It was hilarious to watch so many in that line repeatedly have to sit bolt upright and even hit their brakes to prevent overtaking the bike ahead of them. Lionel on the other hand had none of his benefit.

See what I said further up in the thread. Brent McMahon clearly went into a drafting scenario into the zone of the rider in front, but then did not make the pass once in the zone and sat up and slid back "legal"...but once in, he is required to pass. On no coverage have I EVER seen Brent make the pass. He sits in like it is ITU...and I am a Canadian and I should be cheering for him, but I just can't. In any case no way Brent rides as fast as Lionel having to sit up and soft pedal to "avoid drafting".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It'll be interesting here to see if he drops the hammer to try and close the gap on the run at all he probably has a 1:07 or better in him on the right day......or he may just cruise it in from t2.....something tells me that is not the LS way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So Holly Lawrence is coached by Sean Yates?

http://www.trainsharpcyclecoaching.co.uk/coaching/sean-yates-ttainsharp/
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yates seems like a guy who really opposes doping. First entry on Google

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...ritical-of-team-sky/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or more likely she is coached by Jon Sharples who founded Train Smart, but I guess that name wouldn't have elicited the controversy you were after.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK OK, let's get back to the draft kings that Kienle and Drietz pulled to T2. When do any of these other guys arrive in T2 with those guys? Like NEVER?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
CementBottle wrote:

I suspect he was one of the 10 or so men who were 50 to 100 meters away from the start line when the horn went off. If so that would really put a hurt on any chance of a decent swim. A pure time trial the whole way makes for a tough day compared to all the guys at the front.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
OK OK, let's get back to the draft kings that Kienle and Drietz pulled to T2. When do any of these other guys arrive in T2 with those guys? Like NEVER?

What a farce. "Non drafting" is such an absurd misnomer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:

I think he's made quite the improvement. It just isn't enough right now.

The thing is.... with world championship races, you get a bunch of athletes that are tightly packed together in abilities compared to non world champ races. This causes the bike to be much faster than it would if it wasn't a world champ race. This significantly hurts Lionel in these races.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah great point. You are probably right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
PubliusValerius wrote:
CementBottle wrote:

I suspect he was one of the 10 or so men who were 50 to 100 meters away from the start line when the horn went off. If so that would really put a hurt on any chance of a decent swim. A pure time trial the whole way makes for a tough day compared to all the guys at the front.

I guess we will only find out AFTER the race, who missed the start gun. That would really suck if you were Lionel
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [r0bh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
r0bh wrote:
Or more likely she is coached by Jon Sharples who founded Train Smart, but I guess that name wouldn't have elicited the controversy you were after.

Actually I think you are wrong. But okay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nearing 10k on the run and and it looks like the mens 1-15 are within 90 sec of each other. #16 is Lionel, 3:30+ back

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Nearing 10k on the run and and it looks like the mens 1-15 are within 90 sec of each other. #16 is Lionel, 3:30+ back

This is basically an ITU race or Oly final. Terrible
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [blaxxuede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Through 8K Sanders has the fastest run split going - but barely. Reed, Kienle, Appleton, Clavel only a few seconds per mile slower. Next up for Sanders to catch is McMahon who's having another crater-fest. He either runs a sub-8 IM or craters the run completely - like in pretty much all of his 70.3's lately - and kinda like he did at Kona last year, before recovering later in the run.

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
sciguy wrote:
blaxxuede wrote:
He has to be holding back for some reason.......no way he gained 0 time back on the bike without some sort of issue or "strategy"

Perhaps you're underestimating the huge advantage created by the draft from the photo motorbikes, trikes as well as other 10+ competitors. It was hilarious to watch so many in that line repeatedly have to sit bolt upright and even hit their brakes to prevent overtaking the bike ahead of them. Lionel on the other hand had none of his benefit.

See what I said further up in the thread. Brent McMahon clearly went into a drafting scenario into the zone of the rider in front, but then did not make the pass once in the zone and sat up and slid back "legal"...but once in, he is required to pass. On no coverage have I EVER seen Brent make the pass. He sits in like it is ITU...and I am a Canadian and I should be cheering for him, but I just can't. In any case no way Brent rides as fast as Lionel having to sit up and soft pedal to "avoid drafting".

Possibly I have been road racing for too long, but you guys really call this drafting? Come on, how much more room do you want? These guys are plenty far apart and that is just part of the racing dynamic. Make the front to swim, if not pay the price. Uber biker? Drop the hammer or they will sit on, to me that is the excitement of race dynamics. Also in reply to the moto: I have done a lot of races with lead cars and the distance they are keeping in this race is giving very little advantage if any.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:

McMahon out split Sanders on the bike by 3 seconds. Probably on 60-80 less watts!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:

Go watch something else then if you hate it so much
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 World's Aus Race Day thread [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Possibly you are just not all that intelligent or are just uninformed

Frodo pushed 260 watts at Kona last year. 20 watts fewer than the top amateur. But he didn't get any benefit from the moto
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
PubliusValerius wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:

McMahon out split Sanders on the bike by 3 seconds. Probably on 60-80 less watts!!!!

Same with Crowie. Ridiculous.

blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next