Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Iq2 triathlon team to be discontinued by the end of this year
Quote | Reply
This seems to be the beginning of the end. The announcement is out that the Dutch tri team sponsored by the kickstarter project iq2 power meter is discontinued by the end of this year.

https://trikipedia.nl/...azjwZCyTN85jPTTFcOYU

I wonder how long it will take that the announcement will come that also the whole power meter thing is stopped and the project is terminated. Also the pedal system is over and over pushed forward and delayed.
The chance they ever will ship functional products seem to get smaller and smaller every month.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Iq2 triathlon team to be discontinued by the end of this year [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder what power meters the team used this year.

What a sh..... oh nevermind.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Iq2 triathlon team to be discontinued by the end of this year [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
I wonder what power meters the team used this year.

What a sh..... oh nevermind.

Well, today one of the team members announced his targets and goals for next year and 1 of them was.......'want to pick up the cycling part a bit more and go train with a power meter which I haven't done yet so far in my trainings'

That says enough, right?
But indeed it is a shame, for the backers and for the people behind it. I do believe that their intensions were good, but along the way I think they where caught up by just too much issues.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Iq2 triathlon team to be discontinued by the end of this year [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
This seems to be the beginning of the end. The announcement is out that the Dutch tri team sponsored by the kickstarter project iq2 power meter is discontinued by the end of this year.

https://trikipedia.nl/...azjwZCyTN85jPTTFcOYU

I wonder how long it will take that the announcement will come that also the whole power meter thing is stopped and the project is terminated. Also the pedal system is over and over pushed forward and delayed.
The chance they ever will ship functional products seem to get smaller and smaller every month.

Jeroen

Backer from the first hour over here. I knew I was buying a risk, so not really suprised. What is annoying is that the company does not seem to be very good in communicating. Their updates suck, and they have been too optimistic/unrealistic in every update.

Furthermore, I was a bit angry when they started the team.I understand that there Kickstarter campaign was really super succesfull, but it would have been smart to save the extra money for set-backs. If they do not deliver a product, I think that you could argue that they mismanaged the project/productdevelopment. The team must easily have costs 10's of thousands of Euro's, which could have been better used to finish the product...
Quote Reply