Here we go, and yes he beat Jalabert

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...op_in_Kona_7496.html
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Canuck1 [ In reply to ]
Re: Interview with the M50-54 age group Kona champion [Canuck1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canuck1 wrote:
convince us how clean you are
If there was a really shit comment award you just won it. For someone who raced Kona I really enjoyed the interview and his story.
Quote Reply
Re: Interview with the M50-54 age group Kona champion [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't do that much less volume than him, and yet I can only dream of his results. Wondering if I'm simply not doing the right type of training, or my engine & chassis has just reached its realistic limit (45-49AG)

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Interview with the M50-54 age group Kona champion [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not important how many hours you* train but HOW you train

* (impersonal not you)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jorgan wrote:
I don't do that much less volume than him, and yet I can only dream of his results. Wondering if I'm simply not doing the right type of training, or my engine & chassis has just reached its realistic limit (45-49AG)

I think it is good to wonder about your training, I do it all the time. I am now 13 years in the sport and constantly try to understand my results and ask myself why something went wrong in a race.
Very important is to my point of view to look at your weaknesses. Forget your strengths. If you are very good at something (compared to the top guys), there is not a big chance you are going to improve that. But if there is a huge difference in some other aspect compared with the top guys, thats your weakness and you could work on that.

The last two years my bike results stayed behind my expectations/dreams. Of course maybe i was too optimistic beforehand, still I have this winter a total different approach in training than the years before and I will see whether that will help. Sometimes you've got to get out from your private training cocoon and try something else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great interview. What did Anthony do during the awards ceremony re doping?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks a lot for that interview. its always nice to see / read about how the top AGers do. it also gives hope that i can keep getting faster and faster!

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Interview with the M50-54 age group Kona champion [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. What you said. Sometimes it's good to 'shake things up' or ask yourself 'what would someone else do with my training?' (if you're not coached).

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Interview with the M50-54 age group Kona champion [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. You get the Pro's results rammed down your throat, its always difficult to find the age group results and even more difficult to find out anything about most of them. Great to see such an open interview from a speed merchant at the older end of the sport. These guys are throwing down some awesome times, very inspiring.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jorgan wrote:

Jalabert was one of the strongest pro biker of his time (whatever doping of not), up to TT WC.
And he is training strong.
This guy beat him.... so he is really intrinsically very very strong.

One of my training partner is AG Hour Record Holder (Pascal Montier, 50/54), ex IP Master World Champ, .... and I can barely hold his wheel when he is pushing on track.... my engine is smaller, no matter I optimize my training, I will not approach this level of perf :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have never doped, I have never cut the course, never used a motor (other than my legs) and I have not let air out of the tires of a competitor or otherwise messed with the bike of someone else
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great interview, thank you for posting. Any chance you'd be able to interview some of the top ladies? I would love to hear about their experiences as top AGers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah... but I'm sure you used these strange italian glycogen based secret preparation ("pasta" or "pizza", whatever the code name...)
Quote Reply
Re: Interview with the M50-54 age group Kona champion [NinTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I interviewed the top female first.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...h_Purbrook_7470.html

Has interviewed Sergio too, but punted that one.

More interviews to come, but I also like to run, swim and bike and have to juggle all those things :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My apologies, I did see that! Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canuck1 wrote:
convince us how clean you are

You suck. Do you suck all the air out of life on a daily basis... I suspect so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great interview, thanks

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Re: Interview with the M50-54 age group Kona champion [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trirunner wrote:
What did Anthony do during the awards ceremony re doping?

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I have never doped, I have never cut the course, never used a motor (other than my legs) and I have not let air out of the tires of a competitor or otherwise messed with the bike of someone else

Perfect comeback to a dick comment...ty, Herbert.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Interview with the M50-54 age group Kona champion [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Nice on the podium he wore a "Fuck Dopers" hat :-o

logella wrote:
Trirunner wrote:
What did Anthony do during the awards ceremony re doping?

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great Great interview Herbert! While the overall time is kinda crazy in itself for 50+, that marathon time is insane. It's within the BQ time by over 15 mins for his age, and it's not like Kona is a fast course...congratulations

Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Interview with the M50-54 age group Kona champion [atomasz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Herbert's direct style of interviewing.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Interview with the M50-54 age group Kona champion [atomasz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I think if my French were better or his English better we would have had a more detailed interview. But he as a good sport about it

atomasz wrote:
Great Great interview Herbert! While the overall time is kinda crazy in itself for 50+, that marathon time is insane. It's within the BQ time by over 15 mins for his age, and it's not like Kona is a fast course...congratulations
Quote Reply
Re: Interview with the M50-54 age group Kona champion [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:
I agree. You get the Pro's results rammed down your throat, its always difficult to find the age group results and even more difficult to find out anything about most of them. Great to see such an open interview from a speed merchant at the older end of the sport. These guys are throwing down some awesome times, very inspiring.

Yes, very inspiring.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply

Prev Next