Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Indoor trainers and 650 wheels
Quote | Reply
Are they supposed to work? I tried to put Mrs. Vitus' new Cannondale on the trainer the other night, and the back wheel just barely makes contact with the resistance wheel. Not enough contact to work. Any solutions to this, or is she just stuck riding her road bike inside this winter?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor trainers and 650 wheels [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i rode my ct with 650 tires this morning, just like most mornings. and before i had the ct, i used a cyclops fluid. by the way, i ride a cannondale too.

what kind of trainer do you have?
Last edited by: Herschel34: Nov 2, 04 11:55
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor trainers and 650 wheels [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blackburn.

We have two trainers, actually- can't remember what kind the other one is. I only tried her bike in the Blackburn, as that's the trainer she usually uses. Guess I'll have to try it in the old one, too.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a trainer from Tacx (is the one with electric resistance) and I tried once with a 650 wheel and it didn't work. Maybe there's a piece that's missing on my set.

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor trainers and 650 wheels [Klep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a one year old used Tacx Flow model with all the heart rate, watt, etc gizmo on it. It comes with a little conversion clamp thingy for 650's. Haven't had a chance to figure out how it works yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Blackburn mag trainer and ride 650s and it works. I have a Trek 2200 WSD. Before I had a Minora which didn't and I had to send it back.

Last edited by: tricheermom: Nov 2, 04 12:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on the trainer. I ended up getting a 1up because it was designed to adjust to fit 650 tires if need be.
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor trainers and 650 wheels [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all. I'll try putting it on the other trainer tonight (Minoura, I remembered) and see if it works on that one.

Quote Reply
Re: Indoor trainers and 650 wheels [Klep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klep

i have the tacx flow. the resistance unit mounts to the frame with a piece of black plastic. does this sound familiar? for 650c wheels you need to remove the resistance unit from the frame (take screws out) and replace the existing mounting bracket (piece of black plastic) with the alternative mounting bracket that should have been included with the spare parts when you bought the trainer. It is a piece of bigger black plastic that lets you get the resistance unit closer to the wheel to accommodate 650c wheels. the downside is you can no longer use a bike with 700c wheels on the trainer unless you replace the original mounting bracket. so the trainer has to be set up for one or the other. sorry if that is confusing. good luck.

jay
Quote Reply