Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If you had $5K to spend on a new tri bike what would you get?
Quote | Reply
Do not need wheels, so consider that as well
currently have a a Felt B14, looking to upgrade
appreciate any thoughts
Quote Reply
Re: If you had $5K to spend on a new tri bike what would you get? [jonnies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/What_bike_to_buy_for_%245k%3F_P6769429/?search_string=5k%20to%20spend#p6769429

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: If you had $5K to spend on a new tri bike what would you get? [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhh great - thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: If you had $5K to spend on a new tri bike what would you get? [jonnies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Premier Tactical
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kinda doesn't matter because age group races will become draft legal soon (just kidding). Personally, I would wait for the new Shiv to become available to mortals. Not sure what the timetable is for this, if any, or if it will be affordable. Unlike some others on this forum, I like this bike :)

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: If you had $5K to spend on a new tri bike what would you get? [Don_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2020 sometime. 2019 they're only producing the 500 S-Works ones.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: If you had $5K to spend on a new tri bike what would you get? [Don_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like the bike too :-)
But not sure it will come really available at reasonable price, even in 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I had $5k to spend on a new bike I would go get fit on a fit bike to find the ideal position and choose a bike within my ~$4,700 remaining budget form there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you able to build a bike yourself? What I did was buy a new Felt IA 10 frame from my shop ($2500), then built it myself with new Ultegra Di2 parts from the internet. Tririg Alpha X bars, Omega X brakes. Came in under $5k.
Quote Reply