Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
If only I had my 380....
Quote | Reply
This morning was doing a track workout in the middle of town. No worries, 630am and all is quite. NO Pitbulls, no reason to carry... Or so I thought.

Doing 200m repeats... A little girl wonders into the infield of the track. She is walking her dog. As I turn for my 4th rep, home girl starts walking parallel to the track about 1 meter from the inside lane. Hit the straightaway and turn on the gas. 50M into the straight she AND her dog walk in the lane... With her eyes closed. I scream HEY Get teh F$%% outta the way.... she jumps back to the grass. No worries... All is good. I continue to rep 7 and hear a "classy" lady screaming what F&%% did you say to my daugher.. I F&%%ing dare you to do it again... I finish out my 9th rep and she walks to the track and repeats herself. In my recovery I ask was she the one that walked in the track with her eyes closed? F&*% right it was her daughter... Ohh my bad, I'm sorry. (with her daughter at her side... ) It was the dog trying to kill me again. I keep my mouth shut and cool down. Hop in the car and drive to work. 3 blocks away the police pull me over.

I explain what happened and they let me go.

The real problem is not the dogs... It is the people of Ar-Kanas. I fear that if I don't get out of here I might use said 380 on myself. I will be moving instead of purchasing a gun.

http://www.researchms.org/trifest/
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [1fastbeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see any way that you'll come off looking good in all this. I'd delete the post if I were you.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^ concur, stop cursing at kids
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhh...the south, gotta love it.

I did my penance in Oklahoma for 8 years, then moved to Oregon. Unless somebody pays me a "But Load" of money, I'm never moving back toward the south again ... they are freaking crazy down there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably should take a deep breath. Little girl and dog don't care or understand that a amped up tri dude is about to run them over. Life is like a ski run or wave drop in; if you see them you are obligated to maneuver around them.

Little girl for F$&k sake.

Aloha and be well

Rg
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was honestly just wondering i was out of line yelling. Not trying to make myself out to be super badass. If you were in a full sprint, how would you react is all I really wanted to know?? I actually felt terrible that I did cuss at a lil kid, but it was heat of the moment.

http://www.researchms.org/trifest/
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [Wookiebiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long time ago, in grad school, i took a girl from TX out on a date to dinner. It was the only time I walked out on a date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speed Concept 9 (race)
Madone 5 (training)
Trek 1000 (rain/snow/sleet/monsoon)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you go for a run, yell at a kid then decide you want to shoot her or her dog or her mum or something.
Clearly the problem is with you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1fastbeaver wrote:
Was honestly just wondering i was out of line yelling. Not trying to make myself out to be super badass. If you were in a full sprint, how would you react is all I really wanted to know?? I actually felt terrible that I did cuss at a lil kid, but it was heat of the moment.

How would I react? How about "heads up", "excuse me", "coming through". Ease up on your repeat and make any evasive maneuver necessary. Had you done this, the mother probably would have chewed the little girl out herself.

Also, if you really have "heat of the moment" issues like this, be thankful that your 380 was at home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1fastbeaver wrote:
Dude were your eyes closed until you were 2' from the kid ?
It is not like you are a 100 car freight train that needs 2 miles to stop. It is a kid and whenever a kid is around you have to expect the unexpected and be ready. Either way profanity is not the way to talk to a kid.

Quote | Reply
1fastbeaver wrote:
If you were in a full sprint, how would you react is all I really wanted to know??

Since you were on a track, I'd probably move about 3 feet to the side into the next lane, keep my mouth shut, and focus on my rep. Was it really that invasive that it ruined your workout?

I certainly would not
-be yelling at a little girl
-swearing at a little girl
-come to ST and post about how I wish I were carrying a gun (what would that have accomplished anyway?)

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1fastbeaver wrote:
This morning was doing a track workout in the middle of town. No worries, 630am and all is quite. NO Pitbulls, no reason to carry... Or so I thought.

Doing 200m repeats... A little girl wonders into the infield of the track. She is walking her dog. As I turn for my 4th rep, home girl starts walking parallel to the track about 1 meter from the inside lane. Hit the straightaway and turn on the gas. 50M into the straight she AND her dog walk in the lane... With her eyes closed. I scream HEY Get teh F$%% outta the way.... she jumps back to the grass. No worries... All is good. I continue to rep 7 and hear a "classy" lady screaming what F&%% did you say to my daugher.. I F&%%ing dare you to do it again... I finish out my 9th rep and she walks to the track and repeats herself. In my recovery I ask was she the one that walked in the track with her eyes closed? F&*% right it was her daughter... Ohh my bad, I'm sorry. (with her daughter at her side... ) It was the dog trying to kill me again. I keep my mouth shut and cool down. Hop in the car and drive to work. 3 blocks away the police pull me over.

I explain what happened and they let me go.

The real problem is not the dogs... It is the people of Ar-Kanas. I fear that if I don't get out of here I might use said 380 on myself. I will be moving instead of purchasing a gun.

Are you from Arkansas yourself?

Just want to get this quoted before you delete it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1fastbeaver wrote:
The real problem is not the dogs... It is the people of Ar-Kanas.
Is everyone in Arkansas like you? Moving isn't going to help. There are little girls everywhere...

Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [gregf83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to agree with the pack. Show a little bit of athleticism, and weave. I've been involved in several 1600m relays that resembled a demolition derby. Roll with it...at the very least, you'd be gaining some valuable skills for crunch-time.

It's not much, but http://www.alifewithoutinaction.com is what I got.
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [Ellsworth81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ellsworth81 wrote:

That's pretty funny !

Where do you go online to make those?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.380?

Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Philosoraptor wrote:
So you go for a run, yell at a kid then decide you want to shoot her or her dog or her mum or something.

I would have agreed with you up to the point she called the police on him. No one wants their kids to get yelled at by strangers, but then letting kids play on a track with their dog no less is extremely disrepectful and a safety hazardous to those using the track. If she couldn't at least realize the stupidity of allowing her kid to walk on a track with a dog, perhaps she needed a shocking experience to let the point set in. If this happened to me, sure I would have been pissed that someone yelled at my kid, but I'd of been more pissed (and embarrased) at myself for my stupidity of letting my kid just walk around on the track.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
around here in these parts (Tennessee) we are fancy and put 8 lanes on our tracks. they are painted with awesome white lines to allow you to stay in your lane. BUT in some circumstances you can actually leave the lane you are in and get in the other ones. I know right! my mind was blown too when I found that out.

Wattie Ink Elite Team 2013/ Base Performance Ambassador 2011-Current
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1fastbeaver wrote:

You look like an ass not a badass.
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [mcmetal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got on an empty velodrome once and discovered a middle-aged woman riding her son's bike the wrong way. I was in the aero position at 25mph. Quite a close call because she triec to go high, which is where I went to avoid her. She got on the track right after my first lap and gave no warning. I wanted to use a .44. Just kidding, a 380 would have sufficed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speed Concept 9 (race)
Madone 5 (training)
Trek 1000 (rain/snow/sleet/monsoon)
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [mikegarmin4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be straight I wouldn't care if my kid was dead to the wrong... An adult yelling obscenities to my kid would have brought you a beat down. If the dog was bad ass enough I would have let it tear you apart.

Either your a troll, or a Fucking idiot for posting your stupidity !

Please forgive typo's and poor grammer. Most posting performed on my not so smart phone.
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [mcmetal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcmetal wrote:
Philosoraptor wrote:

I would have agreed with you up to the point she called the police on him. No one wants their kids to get yelled at by strangers, but then letting kids play on a track with their dog no less is extremely disrepectful and a safety hazardous to those using the track. If she couldn't at least realize the stupidity of allowing her kid to walk on a track with a dog, perhaps she needed a shocking experience to let the point set in. If this happened to me, sure I would have been pissed that someone yelled at my kid, but I'd of been more pissed (and embarrased) at myself for my stupidity of letting my kid just walk around on the track.
So a child in one lane with a dog on a leash in a public area is a safty hazard when you see it 50 yrds away? Really? .......................Maybe stop your sprint and ask or politly inform to them your opinion....................oh, wait, missing that last part of the sprint means you do not break 5hrs in your IM marathon....nevermind
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I were king you would be banned from all tracks for a minimum of 2 years for your "dope-ing" violation....

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [3X-VO2-LT-FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No wonder kids are such snots today, parents' total manic support of their snowflakes even when they are acting in a disrespectful and dangerous manner. Getting yelled at by an adult stranger means the kid is misbehaving in a public placed
Quote Reply

Prev Next