Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: If only I had my 380.... [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-never been in court....I dont break laws
-to my boss, nope, keep my head down, although I would have this conversation WITH my boss...
-No daughter, but if she just did stuff like this, I would set her straight rather than yell at the guy running on a track...
-my wife??? not married but any woman I would merry would have the sense to yell at a daughter that paid no attention to others around her.

If this was a park and the guy was just running through it willy nilly, then he would be out of line, on a track??? thats for running not random walking. Theres a time and place. One of the biggest problems I see in society today is the sense of entitlement and the way ass dick parents pass it on to their kids, makining their kids think they can do anything they want anywhere they want with no regard to anybody or anything around them

I consider myself somewhat an expert on kids, ove been a teacher for 10 years, I hat to say it, but the quality of children and parents has declined greatly in the pst 10 years. Nowdays, every kid is special, this isnt true, some kids are shit and always will be, its just how it it, there is however a correlation between shit kids and shit parents.

A kid that will just walk in front of everybody probably has a parent who will yell at that person. Theres almost no accountability these days. Swearing??? cussing??? you obvioully dont know me, Im sure we would get along and in normal conversation, I wouldnt speak to a person like that. BUT if Im speaking to a person and they are out of line, offensive, ignorant or annoying, you bet your sweet ass that I will tell them whats up.

This brings me to another point. What happened to being afraid of calling a spade a spade??? why so shy about expressing your feelings towards somebody??? life aint a campfire kumbaya...
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey I hear ya. I ma all for callinga spade a spade. I work with violent offenders, sex offenders, drug addicts ect. I can get prettty colorful. With that said, according to the original poster it was just him and a little girl on the track. Her being little and some parents being asses, maybe stopping and correcting her, then maybe cussing at the parent would be more appropriate. I just do not agree to running up to a child and swearing at them.........especially if they might not even no better being a child.
edit: I am in court a lot, do not break laws, seen and have to answer questions to a lot of idiots, including Judges, but would not talk that way in court
Last edited by: Kenney: Mar 10, 13 8:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bad for swearng towards you in my origional response, I apologize.

I agree that he could just run around her and be done without it and the situation would be forgotten within a few hours. But in the heat of a hard workout, the endorphins are flowing, test is up, Ive yelled at a lot of cars and people while training before and later that day thought...damn, didnt need to do that...

Sorry for swearing at you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problems.......Hey I agree with getting pissed and having my workout interuppted. Happens at the pool more than I care to think.....But I would like to think I would "Try" not to swear at a little kid and let loose on the parent instead. Teenager.....another matter : ) Teenagers are automatic entries into the darwinian awards
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Teenagers are fair game 100% of the time.

YOunger kids, I guess on a track, you would probably see it coming. The times I blew my top were in the pool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a great day.......Heading out for a ride, we are getting a sunny day in montana. Try to get 60 in. Have a 9.3 run/49/bike/ 26 kayak in 7 weeks. Start of the season. Yippie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep to the rubber to the road. Sounds nice, better than here. Have a great ide, stay safe.
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.quickmeme.com/

use it for good, not evil
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bmanners wrote:
1fastbeaver wrote:
Was honestly just wondering i was out of line yelling. Not trying to make myself out to be super badass. If you were in a full sprint, how would you react is all I really wanted to know?? I actually felt terrible that I did cuss at a lil kid, but it was heat of the moment.

Dude were your eyes closed until you were 2' from the kid ?
It is not like you are a 100 car freight train that needs 2 miles to stop. It is a kid and whenever a kid is around you have to expect the unexpected and be ready. Either way profanity is not the way to talk to a kid.

In this case, I vote we listen to the guy who has "manners" in his screen name. :)

To the OP, would the story be a bit different if the dog walker was a 6'4" 250 pound construction worker? Look, we all make mistakes and say stupid things at times, and really the difference between "no big deal" and "too much drama" could have been the choice of words - a simple "excuse me" from a ways back would have made all the difference. Following up with the mom with a polite "ma'am, you might want to make sure your daughter doesn't walk out on the track - I would feel bad if I ran into her." She might still get snippy, but she most likely won't call the cops and you would be the better person. I think our society in general could be so much better if we all would just take the high road. Besides, it's a workout - not the Olympic trials. In the grand scheme of things, would a slightly slower repeat been that big of a deal?

I wouldn't blame Arkansas, either. I've never spent any time there, but there are good people that can be found everywhere, and there are not-so-good people that can be found everywhere. Heck, I've been watching "Amish Mafia" lately, and it has totally ruined my desire to go Amish. And here I thought they were so pure and had cool beards.

I think I'm going off on a tangent here, so I'll shut up now.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [1fastbeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it was my daughter I would make her appologize to you then kick your ass for saying that to her.
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [dennis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kid's really don't know any better at times. I was on my weekly bike route last weekend going about 24mph down a country road. Off in the distance in front of some cars I see 3 kids walking in the middle of the road. One of them is on a kick scooter. As the cars go by, they move off to the side. As I'm approaching they are still off to the side but I move all the way to the middle yellow line. Within 5 seconds of me about to pass them, the kid with the kick scooter rides perpendicular back to the middle of the road headed right in front of me. The two girls with him saw me coming and screamed at him to get out of the way and in addition to me yelling at him to watch out, he stopped. Luckily with that and me doing a quick turn I avoided hitting him at that speed.

I could say it's was their fault had I hit them but I could've killed the kid if his head hit the ground and then it would've been hard to argue that I couldn't have been more cautious. Knowing this, I'll now take kids more seriously on the road and be more careful as you can't predict if they'll do something that's not in their best judgment.
Last edited by: vkw: Mar 10, 13 15:31
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [jclarkNZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jclarkNZ wrote:
Am I really the only one who wants to know why a triathlete was doing 200m repeats...?

Good redirect!!!

--------------
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
1fastbeaver wrote:
The real problem is not the dogs... It is the people of Ar-Kanas. I fear that if I don't get out of here I might use said 380 on myself. I will be moving instead of purchasing a gun.

Well, thank god for that. You are clearly not stable enough to own a firearm.

Seriously, you're on a public track and screaming obscenities at a girl walking her dog?

John

Fuckin' a.

Guns, anger management, and/or impulse control issues are a poor combo. If those are your only perceived options, by all means, move.

But don't be surprised when your problems move with you.

--------------
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
Last edited by: N. Dorphin: Mar 10, 13 15:26
Quote Reply
Re: If only I had my 380.... [1fastbeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you cursed at my daughter, you'd be lucky to have finished your workout... You are just lucky it was the mother that was there because most fathers would have taken you compression socks and shoved them somewhere while they were still on your feet.

Seriously... If you are presenting a threatening tone towards a child in any situation, you may want to seek counseling as quickly as possible.
Quote Reply

Prev Next