Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ideal wheel for wheel cover
Quote | Reply
I've read several posts where people want to get an 808 and a wheel cover. This seems counter-intuitive. In my thinking, ideally you would want a 202 or a 303 for the weight benefit and from a practical standpoint a 404 if the conditions were too windy. Does anyone have feedback on a wheel cover mated to a 202 or 303. Wheel covers with the deep dish seem to mimic the shape of the Sub 9, what wheel mimics that best (maybe its and 808 and will answer my ?).
Thanks in advance.

Who Dares...Wins!
Last edited by: +4W/Kg: Apr 15, 11 6:26
Quote Reply
Re: Ideal wheel for wheel cover [+4W/Kg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonny Caron (JonnyO on the forum) did some testing on this very subject when the 808s were first introduced. If I recall correctly, at the time the Sub9 was Zipps most aero disc. The 808 with a wheel cover most closely mimiced the Sub9. I think he said it was faster than a 900, but it's been a few years and I'm not sure anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Ideal wheel for wheel cover [+4W/Kg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. its never too windy for a disc, let alone an 808

2. the disc cover itself is rather heavy, a 404 with a cover may be heavier than an 808 with a cover, as the 808 has less cover

3. you don't necessarily want to mimic the sub 9, depending on the frame you have

4. all of the concerns above are splitting hairs, any of those wheels would be great with a wheelcover.

+4W/Kg wrote:
I've read several posts where people want to get an 808 and a wheel cover. This seems counter-intuitive. In my thinking, ideally you would want a 202 or a 303 for the weight benefit and from a practical standpoint a 404 if the conditions were too windy. Does anyone have feedback on a wheel cover mated to a 202 or 303. Wheel covers with the deep dish seem to mimic the shape of the Sub 9, what wheel mimics that best (maybe its and 808 and will answer my ?).
Thanks in advance.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply