2. Don't fear my on a racecourse
3. Don't hire me as a coach
4. Know that I am weak

"Just say NO to donuts!"
Last edited by: Dave Luscan: May 8, 11 9:47
Quote Reply
Re: I will weight 155lbs by 8/1 [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll take up that challenge too. I'm 5'11" and weigh 172 this morning.
Last edited by: Reparto Corse: May 8, 11 6:15
Quote Reply
Re: I will weight 155lbs by 8/1 [Reparto Corse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'11" 176lbs.

Use to race at 162, Raced a couple flat TTs at 185 last year. Peaked at 195 last Halloween. This shit stops now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm also 5'11" but weighing in at 190 right now (I lifted toooooo much over the off season).

Last year I raced at 178, but I'd like to get down to around 170 by Augusta 70.3 in September.

Good luck to you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'10" and 160 on a downward trend. I was down to 150 last year for IMAZ and want to hit it again. I'm cutting dessert and beer out Monday-Thursday. I want to be at 150 by the San Diego Classic.

Yeah, I know it makes no sense, but I send less buying ice cream and beer this way!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plan of action??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'9.5" and 158 Lbs. Unfortunately I need one of the refrigerator magnets that say "fatty ..."fatty".... When you open the door.

Re: I will weight 155lbs by 8/1 [jacobus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eat less.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5-11 and a half at 172. 160 on 9/11/11. It's happening.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'10" and I peaked at 183 this time last year. Now at 161 headed for 150 by July. I have a 6-pack of Stone IPA in the fridge that will be my last until I hit that target :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dropping weight feels ohhhh so good.

I'm 5'11 also. I was 205lb this fall. Dropped 45lbs so far and I'm now 160. 155 is probably pushing it for my build. I think I'd be down to under 5% body fat at that point. I'm targeting 157 by June 1st... but I'm taking my time so I can still build muscle and strength.

The last 2-3lbs are HARD to lose. Your body clearly starts rebelling.

One thing to watch for. If you start losing muscle or strength, that 30 seconds you gain on a 10k run could cost you 1 minute on the 40k bike leg.

FYI - the only effective method I've found to drop weight is to count calories and measure/estimate portions. Really watch the sports drinks and recovery drinks. They add up really fast. I quickly went form 3000-4000 calories yesterday due to recovery and sports drinks. But I also put in a hard run and long bike.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was 170 lbs last year on race day Aug 29 for Ironman Canada. After this I took time off and I bounced up to 195 lbs by March 1st this year. Since then I started following a Paleo diet and easing back into a fitness program and the weight is coming off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i did all my weight loss during the off season. 5'10 and 162 lbs to 145.

good luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck Dave. A lot of us are in the same boat! It's weird that so many of us find it easier to train very hard than to force ourselves to eat less. Different kinds of will power.
Quote Reply
Re: I will weight 155lbs by 8/1 [phil combs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5' 7" @ 167 two months ago with IMC coming up in Aug. Signed up on livestrong for the MyPlate food tracker, used it every day, just saw 151.4 this morning. Trying to keep track in my head with all the activity was impossible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
105 lbs by IronMan Canada. Now at 114 lbs; accomplish goal by continuing to move more and eat less...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: I will weight 155lbs by 8/1 [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmanners wrote:
5'9.5" and 158 Lbs. Unfortunately I need one of the refrigerator magnets that say "fatty ..."fatty".... When you open the door.

I'm just a bit shorter at 5'9" and i would be lucky to get down to your weight despite all the training. I seem to stay around 170 and I'd probably gain 20# if i stopped training.

Back when I was in my 20's I was easily 148 with minimal training. I am 55 now, working out more and eating less. Shows how the metabolism slows as you get older. I still would like to get down to the 150-155 range, but it's an ongoing battle.
Quote Reply
Re: I will weight 155lbs by 8/1 [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
105 lbs by IronMan Canada. Now at 114 lbs; accomplish goal by continuing to move more and eat less...
Yeesh... how tall are you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6'4" and 208 looking to be 195 by Augusta but my body is holding on tight to the muffin top this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

5'10"

*Should* get down to 165 - 179/180 right now.
Last edited by: sentania: May 7, 11 8:48
Quote Reply
Re: I will weight 155lbs by 8/1 [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'15"? is that 6'3" ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'9" 155lbs. 42yo Nowhere near as fast as most of you. What's wrong with me!!! Guess need to train more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5' 7", 150 lbs.

Is it bad that I am happy at this weight? Body fat single digits. Eat well. Feel good.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: I will weight 155lbs by 8/1 [Dreadnought] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay I lied about the 1/2" :0) high school I was 130 with a 28" waist. 42 now with a 30 so I am working my way back down. But just like run milage it takes time to build so it is going to take time to take off. Just wish it took a lot of time to put back on also :0)

Quote | Reply
Is it easy to lose weight without losing power? I'm normally ~ 154 race weight. Right now ~ 160 but feel stronger/more power and not any slower climbing. I'm nervous to drop weight thinking I'll lose the power.
Marty
Quote Reply

Prev Next