Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I think I've found my new love
Quote | Reply

2003 Kestrel Talon SL, 2.4 lb carbon EMS aero frame ... man Oh mighty,

add a HED aerobar, HED H3 front wheel, Corima Disc, Reynolds Ouzo Aero Pro Fork, black Tufo's, SBC Ti black saddle ... what a bike.
Quote Reply
Re: I think I've found my new love [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, hey Gary, is this a photo of your actual bike? If so, how the heck did you get Hed aerobars? I've been waiting for months!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Life of bicycles can be taken to extremes. A guy in our swim group just bought a new bike. His wife was a bit ticked because he kept it in their bedroom for the first week.

Years ago I had a friend who just loved motorcycles. He used to keep his hawg in his bedroom all winter. Of course he was a batchelor but always referred to the hawg as "my woman".
Quote Reply
Re: I think I've found my new love [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, this photo is off of Kestrel's web site. I too have been waiting since October for my HED bar. Last week they told me that the aluminum parts were at the anodizers and that they had all the carbon pieces in stock and were going to be shipping out when they get the al. parts back.

I am stuck now between sending my 1 yr old M4 in to Cyclart to get a $300 glossy all black paint job with new Specialized decals or saving up for this $1900 Kestrel frame. I love my M4 but I am getting addicted to carbon. I should probably send in the M4 for the custom paint - considering it is a $1600 frame, probably is more aero than the Kestrel and fits me like a glove.

Ahh bike toys. What more is there in life?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOOF! Oww-ooOOHHH! GrrrRuFFFF!!! PantPantPant...
Quote Reply
Re: I think I've found my new love [vo2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very well said. Beautiful bike!
Quote Reply
Re: I think I've found my new love [Go Heels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
   Damnit, here goes the bike-lust meter again. I think I want TWO of them! One as a roadie and one dedicated to SPEED!

My Saber is sitting across the room scowling at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
My wife... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...just walked by while I was lusting at the bike and just shook her head and said "Unh-Unh, No Siree, Buddy-boy..."

Ben H

Christian, Husband, Father, Ranger, Triathlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i like..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It just shows how far manufacturing has come in recent years when people are lusting after bikes made in China.

-David (across the strait) in Taipei
Quote Reply
China? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
China? You sure?
Quote Reply
Re: China? [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh, I wouldn't worry about where it was built.. What a bike! What's that go for built up?

Quote Reply
Re: China? [Marlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking 5k+, with my parts, the frame is $1900, I have everything in the pic except a Corima disc instead of HED and I'd need a BPP bladed post as well. I like the geo, very nice bike. Going to e-mail them to check availability. Lifetime warranty and 65% crash replacement policy. Kestrel has been around for years. This would likely be the last TT frame I ever buy. Beautiful. Black carbon!!
Quote Reply
Re: I think I've found my new love [tri_taiwan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I e-mailed Kestrel, it is moulded in Taiwan, not China, FYI
Quote Reply
Re: China? [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This would likely be the last TT frame I ever buy.
Famous last words.....
Quote Reply
Re: China? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should rephrase: This would be the last TT frame I will ever need because it meets all my needs and has an infinate lifespan - 2.4 lbs and very aero, inner routed cables and a NON integrated headset - I'd use a King HS,

so there - plus I will have to go all carbon with the post and stem ... I'd be one of those carbon junkies for sure.
Quote Reply
Availability [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary,

They only have a few of them currently in stock. Something about a few final "tweaks" by the engineers, and they expect another shipment in February. I too would have liked one, but much like their 52cm KM40 I lusted after a couple years ago, time is of the essence when you don't have ANY bikes and races are getting closer ;-) (I ended up getting a regular talon).

Good luck in quest of your dream...or at least until the next "most aero/light/tricked out" thing comes along ;-)

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All it's missing is some black carbon PC's.

Bob Sigerson
Quote Reply