Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I know, another livestrong bracelet thread... (please read)
Quote | Reply
I heard today that one of my co-worker's purchased 300 livestrong bracelets last week.... he goes to guadalajara(MEX) and sold them for $4.00(american) each...

Then, I found out that his brother(who owns a bike shop in guadalajara) has been selling them for $10.00 each!?!?!?! But obviously, the locals are buying them up... is it more of a fad down there???

I just can't believe all of that... its just crazy. I don't even think he knows what the point of the bracelet is all about. To him(and his brother), its just a way to make a huge profit...

just had to vent on this....
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Herschel34 [ In reply to ]
Re: I know, another livestrong bracelet thread... (please read) [viking1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, I guess you don't fully understand / appreciate the Mexican Bandito economy model???

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: I know, another livestrong bracelet thread... (please read) [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My gf manages organ donation at our local hospital. I found it interesting that yesterday she gave me a bracelet exactly like the livestrong except lime green. The bracelet is produced by Aurora (sp) who is the nations organ donation managers, if you will. I'm not exactly sure how all that works, sorry. I can't recall what the bracelet said but it referred to giving life or something along that lines. I just found it interesting and I didn't have the heart (no pun) to tell her I prob wouldn't wear it. I don't think she expected me to. She prob expects to see it on my steering column of my truck where the livestrong band stays. I don't agree with people making a profit off of anything produced for charitable causes other than the charities themselves. I wouldn't do it and none of my friends would do it. That's all that impacts me. To the rest, it will catch them somewhere sometime.

Should be getting my Hed light disc soon and I'm stoked. Thanks for the heads up on the discount on trisports cerveloguy. Picked up a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: I know, another livestrong bracelet thread... (please read) [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh?
Quote Reply
Re: I know, another livestrong bracelet thread... (please read) [viking1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Viking1,

Not that I am doing this, but the going price in the Basque Country (North Spain) is about 1.50 to 2 Euros.....I was told that they are not sold there, and I have friends calling me asking where they can buy it,,,,,they really do not like americans too much, but they sure like any product that comes from America.......I am sure there are people buying them on Ebay and reselling at twice the price over there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WHAT? I've never heard of such a thing. Next thing you know people will be selling them on Ebay for 10x their sale price. Oh, wait...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they have cheap drugs and donkey shows too....Tijuana rules!

I think this is part of the state of California's war on drugs....they figure if they can milk the money out of mexico with bracelets, then there won't be enough money to pay people to smuggle drugs across the border in the tires of their car.

Poloticians are sooooooooooo smart! Next thing you know they are going to figure out how to fix everyone's pension and social security!!!!

-bcreager
Quote Reply