Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I just received an invitation for a free entry into IMAZ 2019. Huh?
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! You are now ready to register for 2019 IRONMAN Arizona. Please use the link at the bottom of the page to register for the race.

Please note, as there is no entry fee associated with your registration, you are not eligible for a refund, transfer, or deferral should you be unable to compete.

If you have any issues or difficulty registering, please contact arizona@ironman.com. Thank you and safe training!

Discount: 100% off
Sign up between: 12:00 a.m. EST, November 20, 2018 and 12:00 a.m. EST, December 31, 2018

Your registration link

This invitation is only for XXXXXXXXXX, and can't be transferred.

We look forward to seeing you at the event!

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: I just received an invitation for a free entry into IMAZ 2019. Huh? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
same. assumed it was a phish.
Quote Reply
Re: I just received an invitation for a free entry into IMAZ 2019. Huh? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SCORE!

Of course, if you have no desire to race it or it does not fit into your schedule or travel budget....

But I've never heard of a free entry out of the blue... do you have friends who are IM sponsors that might have given you a sponsor slot?

Or... of course maybe phish as suggested. Where does the link take you?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Nov 27, 18 12:29
Quote Reply
Re: I just received an invitation for a free entry into IMAZ 2019. Huh? [mdv638] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdv638 wrote:
same. assumed it was a phish.

I wonder if someone messed up at WTC and it was an error.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The registration link does go to an Active page but it says the offer expired on November 22nd.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same, I just sent IM Arizona a msg, let's see what they say....

formerly but still a Run Snail...
Quote Reply
Re: I just received an invitation for a free entry into IMAZ 2019. Huh? [vmeikle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
think it was an error. I deferred from the 2018 race as I was injured. The email came through and the link was dead, so someone must have realized the SNAFU right away. They had sent me an email last week to be on the lookout for this email. I got an email 3 minutes later with a new linky...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotta be an error. I already registered for it last week and received the same email.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your new malware
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This looks just like the email I received just now, as I deferred my entry from 2018 to 2019.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the same email this morning. I was also injured and missed Ironman Canada so I'm wondering if the system glitched and sent an invitation to all injured athletes from the various different Ironman races this year...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of folks on the IM Wisconsin FB group also getting this email. Either some sort of spam/phishing or just a screwup. I haven't heard of a single person actually being able to register for the race. Did the hyperlink look legit?

Quote | Reply
They just sent out the correction email.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: I just received an invitation for a free entry into IMAZ 2019. Huh? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:

Was half expecting a 750 dollar admin fee from Active to use the free entry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IM offered something for free, no way it's real.
Quote Reply
Re: I just received an invitation for a free entry into IMAZ 2019. Huh? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:

Got it. Figured it was a screw up.

Quote Reply