Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I hate lactic acid (+ a question)
Quote | Reply
I had a very crappy practice today.

I hadn't eaten anything all day except a strawberry jelly sandwich for breakfast. I just didn't notice I hadn't eaten until I was dead tired during a 2000 M pyramid we had during the swim.

Before that we had a little sprinting workout (25 spring - 25 slow x10 x2). During that my arms and legs were burning with lactic acid, but my stomach was getting pumped. I had to poop like twice during that set, and it burned too (scuse me if this is too much info), and I also threw up once.

So basically, how do you deal with lactice acid building up in your stomach? I tried skipping a few sprints and swimming slowly to train the acid out of my body, and it worked for my arms and legs, but not my stomach. I am sure that after the sprint set I had no food left in my body, but my stomach kept on cramping.

How do I deal with this?
Last edited by: freestyle: Apr 6, 03 10:35
Quote Reply
Re: I hate lactic acid (+ a question) [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not lactic acid in your stomach, it's Hydrochloric acid.

Vomiting that HCl out is a way your body may try to decrease the total amount of acid in your body (in response to increased acid in your bloodstream, some of which may be lactic acid, some of which may be HCO3- which comes from water and Carbon Dioxide), or, it may be due to nausea caused by blood from the cells that line your stomach being released into your stomach due to the HCl acid.

I think you probably already know how to deal with this. Proper nutritional habits prior to your workout, which includes eating and drinking correctly.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply