Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!?
Quote | Reply
She waxed the best in the world last weekend at the 70.3 distance, and all anyone can talk about around here is the guy who finished ninth. After that incredible performance at 70.3 world's, she turns around and takes Beijing -- outrunning a couple of the finest ITU athletes on the planet after surviving some kind of crash with a dog.

What am I missing here? Has slowman issues some sort of ban preventing us from discussing this? Can we all just get over the fact that Lionel can't swim / is aero as a barn door and talk about something actually meaningful that is happening in the sport?
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was more curious to see why no one is talking about the inhaler she crossed the finish line at 70.3 worlds with.
Or at least twitter says so. It appears so from pics below GPS transponder.
Could have been something else of course.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pubes, I feel like they were. Maybe some got pulled because they hinted that it was too good to be true. The pre-Worlds interviews I heard made it seem like a pretty reasonable career arc.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still can't get passed laughing about about LSanders being as aero as a barn door.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
She waxed the best in the world last weekend at the 70.3 distance, and all anyone can talk about around here is the guy who finished ninth. After that incredible performance at 70.3 world's, she turns around and takes Beijing -- outrunning a couple of the finest ITU athletes on the planet after surviving some kind of crash with a dog.

What am I missing here? Has slowman issues some sort of ban preventing us from discussing this? Can we all just get over the fact that Lionel can't swim / is aero as a barn door and talk about something actually meaningful that is happening in the sport?

Yeah, pretty awesome race at 70.3 World's. One of the biggest improvements year over year and beat Ryf head to head (and yes, I realize that Ryf did in July, but that's her choice to fry her legs on back to back weekend sub 9 IM's).

What happened in Beijing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK just saw the front page article. Sounds like either a tough or long course based on times. Here is a nice pic from the triathlete.com gallery:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Her performance is eye catching, for sure. What to make of it though.....

Now let's get back on topic. Do you think she could beat Sanders in a 1.2 mile swim? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because she's associated with coach Sean Yates, who was dismissed by Team Sky for being too close to "pharmacists".
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [ffips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffips wrote:
Because she's associated with coach Sean Yates, who was dismissed by Team Sky for being too close to "pharmacists".

Oh ok. Now we are getting somewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [SemperUbiSubUbi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SemperUbiSubUbi wrote:

Now let's get back on topic. Do you think she could beat Sanders in a 1.2 mile swim? :)

She'd kick his butt.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fazz wrote:
I was more curious to see why no one is talking about the inhaler she crossed the finish line at 70.3 worlds with.
Or at least twitter says so. It appears so from pics below GPS transponder.
Could have been something else of course.

Pic from Beijing. Sure looks like the outline of an inhaler.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
ffips wrote:

Because there is a very opaque haze of suspicion and allegation surrounding her and those with whom she associates.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
ffips wrote:

She started working with Yates a little over a year ago. Do we know of any other tri pros who work with him?
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [pricardo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pricardo wrote:
PubliusValerius wrote:
ffips wrote:

She started working with Yates a little over a year ago. Do we know of any other tri pros who work with him?

I just wish he could have applied some of Holly's plan on Contador vs Froome and Quintana. Heck Quintana perhaps owes his victory to the Yates-Contador magic on the Formigel stage.

OK, back to triathlon!
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [ffips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffips wrote:

I'm not sure that's an entirely fair appraisal. He was riding in the peleton in the immediate pre and post Armstrong era when the majority of the peleton weren't clean. A few years into Team Sky someone (I can't remember who) was exposed as having past doping links. Im the ensuing investigation Sky made it clear they would not employ anyone who had any past links to doping, and as a result Yates resigned 'for personal reasons' (in effect admitting that he doped as a pro). There was no suggestion though, as I understand, that he still had any links with "pharmacists".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is super talented and I am a big fan, but the win in China was against what, 7 other women, none of whom are the best of the best, so it's hardly a race to take notice of. If and when she toes the line in Kona, she then deserves her own thread here, IMO.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd just like to find out how I can get her to marry me.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [evanmw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't.

Serious female triathletes make the worst bedfellows.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
Don't.

Serious female triathletes make the worst bedfellows.

Do you speak from experience?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [SemperUbiSubUbi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SemperUbiSubUbi wrote:

Maybe she could consider being his "swim buddy" this year at Kona?
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [Pat0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pat0 wrote:
SemperUbiSubUbi wrote:

Maybe she could consider being his "swim buddy" this year at Kona?

hats off sir
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gets a dodgy cycling coach and improves dramatically. Then on top of that, drafts off the camera motorcycle at Worlds and dominates the competition. What a wonderful success story, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. This is what sport is all about, folks.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [Jordan45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of interest, I wonder if you could explain what evidence you have that her cycling coach is dodgy? I know nothing about Holly Lawrence, but unless you have some evidence that I don't know about I think the suggestions you appear to be making are unreasonable.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [rmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmt wrote:
Out of interest, I wonder if you could explain what evidence you have that her cycling coach is dodgy? I know nothing about Holly Lawrence, but unless you have some evidence that I don't know about I think the suggestions you appear to be making are unreasonable.

Here's some dodgy for you:

Former pro and current Team Sky directeur sportif Sean Yates has insisted that he saw nothing at all that was suspicious during his time working alongside Lance Armstrong, either as a rider or as part of team staff.
The 52 year old competed alongside Armstrong between 1992 and 1996 as part of the Motorola team, then was a directeur sportif on the Discovery Channel team between 2005 and 2007. As part of the latter role, he worked with Armstrong during his final season prior to his retirement in 2005.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/...f.aspx#ixzz4K0DpZDuD
Quote Reply
Re: I don't get it...Why is nobody talking about HOLLY LAWRENCE?!? [rmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmt wrote:
'

Did you by chance happen to read the rest of the thread? Specifically the other posters who mentioned the cycling coach that was dismissed from Team Sky.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply

Prev Next