Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I am an American
Quote | Reply
now that I went to a Football Game!!! ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: I am an American [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Real football?? or the one where your hands can't touch the ball?

2. If it was the first one, did you know what was going on?
Quote Reply
Re: I am an American [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UTEP vs. SMU (57-27)...

sure I knew what was going on... 4 attempts to move your butt and your teammates butts forward by 10 yards....not like the rules are super complicated...have you ever watched cricket? ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
now that I went to a Football Game!!! ;-)

then you missed the cold rain from last saturday :) nothing is comlpete without that cold rain and frozen toes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no, i have seen the beatles though
Quote Reply
Re: I am an American [flomauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rugby is pretty cool too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok...you beat me...too young.
Quote Reply
Re: I am an American [flomauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where you there last week?

when it rains...rugby is definitely more fun ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes and just seconds before the game was over and i was looking forward in getting to a dry spot thet screwed up and the game went into double overtime - more fun, more rain, more freezing :)

but perfect training for the work on sunday morning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CFL Grey Cup is on tomorrrow. Toronto Argonauts vs B.C Lions. Only three downs instead of that sissy four down nonsense, and best of all - no running out the clock. Now that's real football!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
(Wipes tear from eye.) I am so proud! (Bear hugs Franky with the force of a mentaly unstable fat guy.)

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your initiation isn't quite complete. Next step: you must find your way into a brawl with a bunch of NBA thugs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was in the US I went to the following:

Redskins vs some other team - Football

Oreos vs some team - Baseball (boring as hell, but my friend caught a ball)

Wizards vs can't remember (Jordan only played for like 2 minutes which sucked) - NBA

Celtics vs Raptors (I really enjoyed this one) - NBA

Toronto Maple Leafs vs can't remember (We got free Gatorade at the end because the Maple Leafs won by more than 5 points - this rocked) - Hockey

Anyone wanna guess where I lived?
Quote Reply
Re: I am an American [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can't . . .handle. . .the. . .suspense. . . do tell

under-trained and over-tapered. . . .yet still hopeful . . . does that make me an optimist or a masochist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This will certainly help with your INS problems, Francois.

I am so happy for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Real football?? or the one where your hands can't touch the ball?

Check your history books and you will see that the one where your hands can't touch the ball is the real one. It came fisrt and has a larger number of participants and spectators.

Webb Ellis picked the ball up during a game of Football (capital f for the noun for the real game) at Rugby School and invented the game of Rugby Football from which the game of American Football was developed.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: I am an American [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Real football?? or the one where your hands can't touch the ball?

Check your history books and you will see that the one where your hands can't touch the ball is the real one. It came fisrt and has a larger number of participants and spectators.

Webb Ellis picked the ball up during a game of Football (capital f for the noun for the real game) at Rugby School and invented the game of Rugby Football from which the game of American Football was developed.[/reply]

OMG! mdtrihard! You've just been "well actually'ed!"

Um, JK? I'm fairly certain he was having a little fun at Francois expense. You know, taking the piss and all? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UTEP vs SMU ... I don't know if that qualifies as real football. next time, try UT vs OU. That would be a game!

best
jason
a displaced midwestern Big 12 fan living in the desert on the Left Coast

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: I am an American [j-son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, I went to the closest game...to the novice that was fun...I know the rules, but that's it...I don't see any difference with the superbowl as I know close to nothing about football, tactics etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me know when you go to a baseball game, drink a $7 beer, and eat a $4 hot dog. Then, I'll issue you're "American Citizen" card. =)

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ignorant American misspeak. OT but need to apologize to you. I was in small group studying one of your countryman's work, Francois Fenelon. I prononced your/his name as Fran-cois', a buddy says, I've been calling him Frances, the third member of our group, sweet thing that she is, looked at us in horror--like I thought you guys were educated, and gave us the correct pronunciation. Man, did I feel stupid but it was a great laugh. I told my buddy we'll not be asked into the foreign service anytime soon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cricket? Are you insane? Cricket is NOT a sport.

Cricket is sooooo incredibly complicated (when it need not be) and just plain stupid. I mean really, in a "Test" they play for up to 5 days and they STILL can't decide who's the winner, half the time.

Baseball and cricket come from nearly identical backgrounds and baseball is truly great and cricket is truly a waste of time. Even paint drys in less than 5 days! (and if the paint is dry...you're a winner!)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: I am an American [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends what you are brought up with. Baseball amkes as much sense to me as Cricket appears to to you. I mean why do you need 9th innings? Cn't you decide who is the better team in 2?

Cricket was an established sport a century before baseball (which incidently developed from rounders, a girl's sport ;-)

Fishing, now that's not a sport. That's a pastime.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: I am an American [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishing, now that's not a sport. That's a pastime.

Well, true, but you can eat a fish. Try chowing down on a wicket sometime.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: I am an American [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kiwi's did a bit of that at the Gabba over the weekend.......:)

Fortitudine vincimus - "By endurance we conquer"
Quote Reply

Prev Next