Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I Won't "Do Aerobic Classes," But "Yes, I Will Watch Them."
Quote | Reply
Back from the pool. Some of our New Years Day Resolution people are dropping like flies.

Good for me. More Cybex machines, for me. But there's just too much commotion going on because aerobics classes have reared their ugly head again.

We've got this new Brunhilda downstairs whipping all the hunks and boob job women into shape with aerobicize classes, the challenging one during the week, not the easy one---I'm talking about the one, "meant for SERIOUS aerobics people."

I honestly thought that stuff had died and gone away, but apparently not.

Who could forget the young, hot Jamie Lee Curtis doing her booty show in "Perfect."

Whip out the Janet Jackson music....and one, two, step, step out...one...two....step out....kick.

Not much has changed. You can still work up a sweat in one of those sessions. But gone are the sheen like, ball showing, crack showing spandex. In---is the more clothlike, bell bottom outfit for the women. Out are the booty, elf socks with the fluffy collar wrapped around the calve muscle.

I still think everybody in the harder classes is "on the make." The guys are young, not married, I saw three of the women all have enormous boob jobs. They'll have these big biceps from lifting weights I guess, and these huge boob jobs, accenuated by wearing one of those real tight bright tank tops. I don't know how the fuckers breath.

Almost all of the women actually wear make up and lipstick out there. A high segment of both sexes is probably looking to screw four people in the class at the drop of a dime; others are young coming out of a divorce, or broken up---my guess. Everybody else is looking. If the drill instructor said something like, "Okay, everybody, let's screw like snakes." Half of them probably would.

The young guys losing their hair wear baseball caps and are freaked about it. Those caps never come off. They played basketball for their intramural league or football. They need to stay in shape. They'll pump weights and do this 2 times a week to take their mind of that beer belly they got going.

She had them doing this: jump rope for a minute, put down the rope, stair step for a minute or two, then run upstairs to the little 200 yard track, run around the track, one lap, and RUN back down and keep doing that for fifteen to 20 minutes.

The first time the class did the drill, they RAN up the stairs and RAN around the track and RAN back down, but after the third time, everybody just walked until she got into "eye range." All the action kicked up a severe cloud of Polo cologne by brownian movement.

After the sixth or seventh one, they all just walked and stared back at her.

It was just comical.

Then Brunhilda asked: "how many of you have cut your carbohydrates since the last time?" And they all raised their hands.

I wanted to lean over and YELL: "That's probably why they all can't run very long!"
Quote Reply
Re: I Won't "Do Aerobic Classes," But "Yes, I Will Watch Them." [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"In---is the more clothlike, bell bottom outfit for the women."

Aerobics. Dude, if you really want to talk aerobics let's bring back the Flashdance 80's with the ladies in thongs over the tights. Forget today's gym retro 70's bell bottoms that were just regular street clothes back then. How the hell do you do serious exercise in bell bottoms?

Do you remember all those early morning 80's aerobic work out shows that guys used to get up early to watch just to see the babes. Remember "20 Minute Workout", affectionately nicknamed at the time "20 minute hard on".

I openned my very first chiropractic office in 82, right next door to a body building gym that also held a lot of aerobic classes and a few doors further down from them was an exotic dance place. Between the aerobics instructors with their shinsplints, foot/knee problems, and the strippers throwing their backs out, they kept me in business for my first year.

I actually didn't realize that they still do aerobics. I'm sure it's definately not the rage it was in the 80's.
Quote Reply
Re: I Won't "Do Aerobic Classes," But "Yes, I Will Watch Them." [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Booth -- Well done. Too funny. Very insiteful (sic)! Check out a Yoga class next.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are so much cooler than those lamos. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Booth,

I love your rants! keep them coming they never fail to make me chuckle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was rock climbing at university, the aerobics classes were held in the big sports hall. I'd sit up on the balcony where the climbing wall went up from and watch during the breaks to let my arms recover. Used to be some serious lookers in with all the weight loss cases and casualties of christmas. Made for some cheerful banter amongst the climbers.

J.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Hilarious, as always. Made my day already!

matt

"When I cleaned up my diction, I had nothing left to say" -- Van Morrison
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, do you actually work out at your club or just watch and rant about everyone else? First the "scientific research" on jammers vs. speedos and now aerobic class observations. What's up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only aerobics class I'll ever do:

www.richii.com/go273

Best. Music video. Ever. Whatever you are doing, this will brighten your day.
Last edited by: mfreeman72: Jan 20, 05 5:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Booth - I think your posts will be much more insightful if you actually try participating in these items you are discussing. I would like a speedo vs. jammers first-hand report from you (with pictures) and then a discussion of how you did in the aerobics class. I'm sure we have much more to learn. :)

D.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Particle physics and aerobics...nice job, as usual!

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jog bras and ponytails,
What's a man to do?
Camel toes and whale tails,
What's a dirty old man to do?

I just came in here to burn off my gut.
I found myself surrounded by low budget smut.
I should be counting reps, not looking at the butts.
Man, these girls are such sweaty little sluts.

Keep your eyes on the track; just one more mile.
Hey there sweetie, won't you give me a smile?
I know the baggy shorts may not be your style
But I got a workout that beats Pilates by a mile.

Jog bras and ponytails,
What's a man to do?
Camel toes and whale tails,
What's a dirty old man to do?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: I Won't "Do Aerobic Classes," But "Yes, I Will Watch Them." [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]The only aerobics class I'll ever do:

[url "http://www.richii.com/go273"]www.richii.com/go273[/url]
[/reply]

Quality. But I think it's the apres class aerobics that I'd be more interested in...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back in the early '90s, a local triathlete quit his very successful day job to become an aerobics instructor. This was a kick-ass triathlete, by the way. He set up an "elite-level" class that I, my girlfriend, and a triathlete friend participated in. Mike edited some music (speeding it up to get the rhythm he wanted), and added a lot of amplitude to the moves (like jumping off the bench between step-ups). Doing one class was hard; I did two in a row once and almost died. My tri-friend did three in a row. Of course, Mike was doing them all, too.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eric prydz - call on me

download and watch this music video...you'll be signing up for an aerobics class ASAP!

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Re: I Won't "Do Aerobic Classes," But "Yes, I Will Watch Them." [krgregg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the vieo link above.

Was the first thing I thought of when I saw the post.
Quote Reply
Re: I Won't "Do Aerobic Classes," But "Yes, I Will Watch Them." [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha, awesome.

i didn't follow the link, but will repost so that it actually works

http://www.richii.com/go273

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply