Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ITM Nivola aerobar
Quote | Reply
rare shape???? could you use a very short stem???

Quote Reply
Re: ITM Nivola aerobar [luarca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As usual, late to the game and short of the mark.

Did you ever see their first incarnation of the Dual? It was bloody awful. I did like their Dual that Rominger used in the Hour Record, as well as the F1. But they always came out with very weird-looking aerobars that ended up being changed drastically later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To me it looks like ITM are 2-3 years behind Oval, Profile, and HED. They look great but what is this really offering ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have found that though they always quickly corrected problems, ITM quality control is not exactly great on their aerobars, particularly in fit and finish. My CX1 bars (Romingers), the armrests came off; my F1 bars, the internal routing was not very cleanly executed.

ITM stems and drop bars do not suffer from the same QC problems, in my experience.
Quote Reply
Re: ITM Nivola aerobar [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The CX2 bar was pretty ahead of it's time, but that was when Rominger did the Hour Record in '95 or so. It had a wing-shape cowhorn, and the extensions adjusted the stem length AND the extension length. But the damned bonded PLASTIC armrest holders came off. Also, I had to ream out the extensions to use bar-end shifters and Dia-Compe (now Cane Creek) 188 internal-mount levers. That bar prevented me from going to ahead for another couple of years on my tri bike...

The ahead version had even more problems, from what I believe.
Quote Reply
Re: ITM Nivola aerobar [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw these in use at Paris Nice the other week (I can't remember which team though). Maybe it's because triathletes have greater product demands or greater accceptance of cutting edge technology but it seems to me that these just haven't got enough to them and it's another case of the bandwagon rolling in.
Quote Reply