Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ISM Adamo users
Quote | Reply
I've become a recent convert to this saddle. After having issues with my old saddle a friend of mine gave me his old ism Adamo race. So a few questions what are you guys using or what fits this saddle for hydration purposes and does the old ISM Adamo race still exist today in a different version or have there been some changes I understand it's one of the PN Saddles but I don't see anything that mentions a race version in any of the charts.
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Adamo users [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I've become a recent convert to this saddle. After having issues with my old saddle a friend of mine gave me his old ism Adamo race. So a few questions what are you guys using or what fits this saddle for hydration purposes and does the old ISM Adamo race still exist today in a different version or have there been some changes I understand it's one of the PN Saddles but I don't see anything that mentions a race version in any of the charts.

The old Racing saddle is now the PS line (performance short). The PN line is the narrow saddles or what the old Attack was.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used a few different models of ISM saddles over the years, even on the mtb, and the PN3.0 is my new favorite. But, like shoes, this is a personal thing.

Regarding hydration, I've always used a single bottle cage, zip tied to the seat rails. I've used a specialized cage and speedfil cage with good results. The speedfil cage is easier to mount because it has special slots for zip tie mounting, but doesn't hold as snug as some other cages.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

You'll probably have to contact ISM about version updates over the years. I have the Road and I've not found an inexpensive solution for a rear cage. Reason being, the saddle sits so far back on the rails that it interferes with the typical rail clamps. I gave up trying and just opted for a BTA setup.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Adamo users [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has the hanger on back of the seat 4 the rails and transition so if I put a cage back there hanging my bike will have to go with the Aero bars. I was one thing I really liked about the tritone was the hanger was on the front of the seat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

So the new version of the Race/TT is the PS1.0. I use a 2 bottle BTS holder, which makes it so I cannot use the hanger. The holder I have does not exist anymore it was made by trek, but XLabs has a couple nice ones.

I have found most of the time I can hang the bike by the nose instead of the rear hook, although that always depends on how tall the set up the racks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using that saddle for 6 plus years now. For long course I have used the x lab wing mounted behind the seat. It is a tight fit and will come loose if the road is washboard but has worked for me.
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Adamo users [SlowAmericano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Turbo wing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, it was sold as carbon wing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you saying the Carbon Wing is coming loose? If it is let me know if I can help - it definitely shouldn't move after you install it even if you have rough road.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Adamo users [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does, I put it on and snug it up to the saddle and by the end of the bike leg it has dropped a bit and is loose. It is a tight fit with that saddle and not an easy install but I like to use the wing as my flat kit storage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shoot me an email - I think it could be the hardware that is causing the issue.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My TT bike is a Spec Shiv
I used for 4 years the Adamo TimeTrial or Racing with Carbon Wing (IM) or "old" Delta 425 (70.3)
But now i am using the PN30 and i can't use my old Delta (1 bottle)
The distance between rails is different
Looking saddle compatibility in XLAB website i can not find any carrier for new Adamo PN 30.
:-(
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Adamo users [Glauber Lima] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glauber Lima wrote:
I used for 4 years the Adamo TimeTrial or Racing with Carbon Wing (IM) or "old" Delta 425 (70.3)
Looking saddle compatibility in XLAB website i can not find any carrier for new Adamo PN 30.

I had the PN3.0 and now have the 3.1 which is the same but with more cushion. Carbon wing works perfectly on both, with the carrier nice and horizontal. With the Road I had to angle it downward a bit to fit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not exactly a reply, just looking for someone who can help.

I've been using the Prologue model for a while now, 4 or 5 years can't remember. Never had issues until I changed from a Felt s22 2012 to a Felt IA10. I was very comfortable in the past, but now, after an hour my butt hurts. At 1:30 it's really bad and anything over that is pure pain up to my waist.

Any recommendation on what saddle to substitute it? or at least diminish the pain?
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Adamo users [Glauber Lima] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glauber Lima wrote:

Here's a pic of my carbon wing:

Quote Reply
Re: ISM Adamo users [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1. Zipties

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Adamo users [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride an ISM Adamo Race with an X-Lab Carbon Wing. Fit is fine. I agree you really have to crank the hardware down or it does rattle loose.
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Adamo users [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just changed to the pn 3.0
Way better fit for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the Cervelo seat post have the through axle mechanism where you can insert the likes of the tririg bottle carriers? My Scott does and it is great and I though some Cervlos had the same mechanism.
Quote Reply
Re: ISM Adamo users [pbnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pbnz wrote:
Does the Cervelo seat post have the through axle mechanism where you can insert the likes of the tririg bottle carriers? My Scott does and it is great and I though some Cervlos had the same mechanism.
All of the P series has it. Except the P5-X which has its own thing.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pbnz wrote:

Yes. The reason I don't use it because all those mounts are low. It's below the saddle and in the wind, as it can be seen between my legs. The carbon wing can mount the bottles higher behind my butt and out of the wind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on getting creative with zip ties. Nice and snug, and only had one bottle ejection, and none after that when I put sandpaper on the inside of the cage.

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Last edited by: BungleJapan: Nov 4, 18 13:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can take a photo of mine if you like, but would not sit any lower than yours currently sits and it is a very nice piece of kit, combined with their bottle cages you won't ever lose a bottle again accidentally.

BigBoyND wrote:
pbnz wrote:

Yes. The reason I don't use it because all those mounts are low. It's below the saddle and in the wind, as it can be seen between my legs. The carbon wing can mount the bottles higher behind my butt and out of the wind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never lost a bottle so that isn't an issue. The Elite Vico Carbon cages are just as tight but half the weight of a gorilla cage.

I did try the Xlab Sonic unit and it ended up having the bottles slightly lower than I currently have them. I would consider it if it was another inch higher without an adapter.

Quote Reply