Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM cabo tomorrow.. Quick urgent question
Quote | Reply
A few urgent questions..

- I see there's 5 gear bags and I think I understand how to use them. Does this mean no transition towel?

- do I put my gels and drink in the the bag if I plan on drinking my own bottle for the first part of the run ?

- are the changing tents separated for make and female? I'm considering changing to more comfortable bike shorts but don't want to get penalty for public nudity! The info says no public nudity but I'm not fire if they meant outside the tent or inside the tent
Quote Reply
Re: IM cabo tomorrow.. Quick urgent question [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have confidence in your training, you are going to kick ass!

Yes Gel and drink in the same bag as your running shoes if you want to use them for the first bit of the run.

Usually everything has to go into your swim to bike bag. You could use a towel I guess, as long as it goes back in to the bag.

Change tents are gender specific with chairs and everything. You don't get a penalty in the change tent for nudity, that is why it is there.

Cabo specific tip. Grab as many of those bags of water on the run as possible as it can get hot! Also go easy on that hill out of T1.

Good Luck!

Website - Follow Me On Strava - Follow Me On Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: IM cabo tomorrow.. Quick urgent question [Symonds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thanks.

Do most people change to good bike padded shorts or just leave same shorts on for the bike and run
Quote Reply
Re: IM cabo tomorrow.. Quick urgent question [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've either used a trisuit with a minimal pad, and just worn through out the bike and run, or lately I've been wearing a pair of Oomph shorts with a more substantial pad that is still comfy on the run. I've done Olys wearing a cycling bib with full on pad, but I don't think that would be very comfy for a whole marathon.

Spot

Quote | Reply
Personally I use a tri short. But my reccomendation would be to use whatever is more comfortable for you and whatever you are used to using. The time it takes to change will be minimal over the course of the day. Lack of comfort or chafing can ruin your day.

Website - Follow Me On Strava - Follow Me On Instagram
Quote Reply