Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM Wisc.
Quote | Reply
I had to change plans a little and will race in Wisc. instead of Canada (still going to Seattle for 2 weeks though)...
What are good lodging options there? Preferably, cheap and close to race site? Homestay?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisc. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I raced IM WI the last two years all the accommodation within a 4 mile radius of race site was taken and nothing was really cheap. I think it is best to try the Online website for IM MOO and check that out. Not sure of homestay as I have never done this. Graham

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisc. [feman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and btw, do you fly to Milwaukee? how far to madison? shuttles from the airport?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's about 1.5 hours to Milwaukee. 4.5 from Minneapolis. You can fly in and out of Madison, but that might be more expensive.

One hotel trick to try is to call the hotel directly and "fib" that you're not part of the Ironman and looking for a hotel room (they usually hold some). Or somehow find out if there's a wedding there and try to book a room that's reserved--yeah, I know that's shady.

If you're really interested, I have some post PhD friends there working/teaching and I could e-mail them to see if they'd entertain the thought of a lodger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hotel rubie marie. right near start and expo. b&b, cheaper than other options and nice. my parents stayed there last year, i will stay there if I do IMOO again. they have web site but i dont have it handy.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
call the visitor's bureau and keep asking them, weekly, if any rooms opened up....last year i had my choice of all the main stays near the capital b/c of cancellations and no wait listing.

the hilton is nice but the best western and Concourse is just as easy.

Badger Football on the same weekend will make it a tough stay to get close...but if you keep emailing and asking, something always opens up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess it depends on what you mean by cheap and close. There's an abundance of hotels around Madison. My brother got a hotel about 8 miles away last year, a couple weeks before the race. I think for the usual suspects (Hampton, Ramada, etc.) you'll pay between $65 and $90.......there's a lodging link on ironmanwisconsin.com. Get ready for those hills!!

People I've loved, I have no regrets
Some I remember, some I forget
Some of them living, some of them dead
All I want is to be home ".....Foo Fighters, Home

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the Hotel Ruby Marie. Very nice B&B which is very close to the Terrace. Charming place with nice rooms and not too expensive. Bike shop right across the street for any last second needs.

I think you will like that race. Fun bike course with lots of turns and hills and spectators. Plus you can get that Hawaii spot a year in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisc. [slick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I got my plane ticket already. flying from Madison at 5.43pm on monday just after the race, so if I get a kona slot (which means first I need to finish that damn thing as it hasn't happened in a while) I need to get it right away...roll down at 1pm and with a flight at 5.45pm, likely can't go...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we found it way more expensive that Penticton and a lot of the hotels are far from the race site. try to stay within the ring road as its a bitch to get up even earlier and drive to the race and worse driving home afterwards!

Quote | Reply
Luckily I have a friend who lives in Verona who I can stay with. Not exactly at the race but not too far out.

-------------------------
http://www.ventuscustoms.com Custom Bicycle Painting.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisc. [IsuTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so you're just showing off staying you won't pay anything! ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No... come on François! I was looking forward to hanging out in Penticton :)

----------

“You can't coach desire.” --Dathan Ritzenhein
http://xtreme4.com/ -- an extreme ride for extreme change: go green
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisc. [audentia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you were looking forward to trying having me drink some more.... :-) naughty...

Work stuff + visa stuff...IMC just won't work.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisc. [IsuTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the opportunity to stay at a friends as well, in Madison, but I'm second guessing that desicion for race morning and race night.

For IMFL it was nice just to get up, walk down the street carring your last minute stuff and be on your way.

I don't really want to get up, pack the car, drive, fight traffic, find a parking spot, then carry all my stuff....

However if I can't find a hotel it may be that way anyway.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummer :-( But hear Wisco is a nice race as well... Until when are you in Seattle?

----------

“You can't coach desire.” --Dathan Ritzenhein
http://xtreme4.com/ -- an extreme ride for extreme change: go green
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisc. [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been to madison the past 3 years, 2 to watch the race and I volunteered last year. I didnt have any issues trying to get to the race site or with parking. Obviously get there early but I probably wont be able to sleep that well anyway. Yep and a free place to stay is always nice. Make my parents find a hotel somewhere, kinda want to be able to get away from everyone.

-------------------------
http://www.ventuscustoms.com Custom Bicycle Painting.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisc. [audentia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got the dates...august 4th to august 17th.
applying for green card now...so when it's done, can't leave the US until it's approved...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in the same boat last year, leaving on Monday at around 6pm. Luckily I didn't have to go to the roll down but I was prepared to if necessary and then hi tail it to the airport.

One good thing, it has been viciously hot there the last two years. It can't happen three years in a row................or can it?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisc. [slick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but...I WANT IT to be hot...it's 100+ everyday here...and will still be in the 90s in sept.

Ruby Mare is full btw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the airport is all of 10 minutes from down town and on a bad traffic day, it might take you 15 minutes...if roll-down is at 1pm...and your bags are packed, you'll be fine.
Last edited by: madisonbucky: Jun 27, 05 14:45
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisc. [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. just need lodging now. everything close by is full though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate guys like you. If only they held an Ironman in 40 degree rain. I would be unstoppable.

Too bad on the Ruby.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you try my trick?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Wisc. [mts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not yet...trying www first
Quote Reply

Prev Next