Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Sacramento / IS there any info on Course?
Quote | Reply
Hey Gang:
Yes I have already done the search, and read that thread.
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...=sacramento#p7153399
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...=sacramento#p7242196

Now, since Ironman has opened the race up for deferrals and AWA Athlete's. Somebody has to know something about the course and expected average conditions.

Soooo:
Are we looking at Point to Point or a traditional course?
Swim water temps? Wetsuits?
What is up with the water quality conversation?
If we have low rain / snow pack in the Sierra how would that be an impact?

Bike they say flat and fast, If point to point are they considering prevailing winds as well. Sacramento area can very VERY windy, like it is supposed to be this week according to the weather. Wind can be just as much of a MFer's as climbing. Not that either are going to keep me from signing up, but if I am going to ask questions I figured I would throw that in.

Run I am assuming on the bike paths surrounding Downtown and the River running through Downtown. My thought is expect either Hot and Dry or Rain (October should be dry through).

So does anybody have any inside information or just want to start rumors to F*ck with people?

Thanks,
Pete

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Re: IM Sacramento / IS there any info on Course? [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a video posted on the IMCA facebook site on Monday with tiny bits of course info. Sounds like much of it is still TBA. Basically swim in one or two of the rivers (depending on where they have the start). Swim finish near Tower Bridge. Single T1/T2. Two loop bike course in agricultural area, not towards mountains. 2-3 loop downtown run, finish near Capitol. The video is still posted but that's the gist of it anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Sacramento / IS there any info on Course? [alligatorCAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Following ... also to add:

As well as the wind some of the roads around the Delta are slow. They may be completely flat but the road surface is terrible in places, lots of chip and seal plus just some worn out cracked road. Just look at feedback on the Delta century ... of all the centuries I’ve ever done that’s the one that hurt the most.

I’m just hoping they either head out to Davis, although that’s a little complex on road closures, or more directly South to Lodi where they some great options.
Quote Reply