Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM New Zealand 70.3 and 140.6 Open
Quote | Reply
I was just browsing the Ironman website to see what races are taking registrations. It looks like IM New Zealand, both full and 70.3 are taking athletes. I assume only people from New Zealand can go, or are there some citizens from neighbouring places who can enter too. I thought they were heremeticall sealed off from the world?
Quote Reply
Re: IM New Zealand 70.3 and 140.6 Open [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There’s talk of a Australia / NZ travel bubble - but I don’t believe there’s a date for it yet. So yes just New Zealand residents at the moment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even if you're an NZ citizen you can't book to arrive before mid March as of today. Managed isolation spots are limited.

IMNZ has introduced teams to boost numbers in the absence of foreign athletes. Hard to see the travel bubble happening with Oz any time soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep as David pointed out there isn’t a travel bubble between Aus and NZ as yet.

That said we’ve been lucky enough to be able to do events - in the last couple of months I’ve done a couple of triathlons and have another booked for Feb. A bunch of friends are doing IMNZ as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So glad I had the opportunity to visit NZ last year and race Taupo 70.3. It was truly one of the most memorable races I have done even though I ended up having a migraine headache around mile 40 due to my eyeballs bouncing and teeth chattering from your chip seal roads. I'll take some responsibility as I should not have put 120 psi in the 700 x 21 tyres on the rental bike :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aussie races are going ahead with Port Macquarie 70.3 looking to be sold out for May. Western Sydney is on sale for Sept. Heaps of other races not associated with Ironman running in NSW. Can't speak to the rest of the country. Doubt the NZ bubble will go ahead any time soon even if we go back to 0 cases. NSW is close with 0 new cases today and single digits for last week after getting an outbreak that got up to about 18 per day in NSW just before Christmas.

NZ residents could travel to Queensland for a while but I think that stopped when QLD got a couple of cases (could be wrong however). However Aus is tracking ok with 21 new covid cases yesterday - most of these are return travellers already in quarantine. Not as good as NZ, but I'll take it.
Last edited by: RizzaNZ: Jan 3, 21 22:00
Quote Reply
Re: IM New Zealand 70.3 and 140.6 Open [RizzaNZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Events are pretty much back to normal here in Queensland for locals.
Quote Reply