Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [johnnyrockit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just heard there was a issue with the hilton head race ??
I understand they were unable to get the permits needed to run the race ?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [johnnyrockit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i guess the council meeting didnt go so well monday night.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [Runaround] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runaround wrote:
I just heard there was a issue with the hilton head race ??
I understand they were unable to get the permits needed to run the race ?

Interesting. What is your source for this?

---------------------

"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you are right."
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [Ga Tri Coach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hilton Head - you got my mouth all ready for hash and eggs and you ain't got no hash. You can't keep f*ckin with me like that.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by NeverEnough [ In reply to ]
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [Raw Oyster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what is the status with this race?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:

I assume you mean, "What are the new RUMORS as to the status of this race"...

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe they are having to adjust the bike or run routes.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
maybe they are having to adjust the bike or run routes.

That would make sense....what would make MUCH more sense would be them doubling everything and offering a 140.6!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have not heard much more on the hilton head race.
But I'm wondering why they would choose the same date as miami.?
Miami would be so much easier to get around , run , etc etc. looks like they should consider a non conflicting date for HH ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:

Well they have it as an option for gear on the IM store

http://www.ironmanstore.com/shop?_event=645
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's hilarious!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting , the last bit of info I heard was that it was not going to work out? I wish they would make up there minds and let people know. I understand it's a very difficult place (such a small island ) to organize a event like this , but sure would like to know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two interpretations:

1) They are leaning forward and will announce the race soon.
2) The race is toast, but they already had bought the gear and now need to dump it.

If WTC is doing a number 2, then this may be your only opportunity to score the HH gear.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's me but it appears the link has changed from earlier today. It no longer say's 70.3 Hilton Head.....or doesn't when I click on it from my phone.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see it as an option in the store any more
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [toadbra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's not there any more... but it was added as an option 2 days ago it appears. so maybe they removed it since it wasn't supposed to be view able until after the announcement?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [Clempson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming they did hold a race where would it be? Meaning....where would the transition area be located as well as the race starting area?

I've been going to HHI for over 25 years and other than the public beach near Coligny Plaza I'm racking my brain to figure out how they would set up the race? I'm assuming too the bike would probably go to Beaufort and back?

Can anyone speculate?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No clue, but the course was the reason they weren't chosen for the full. However they were encouraged by WTC to apply for a 70.3 when they were given the news that the full was going to Chattanooga; so I guess they saw potential for a shortened race route in the area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree , if they did the event the south end would make more sense, but they were looking at starting in the center of the island which seems crazy to me it would involve shutting down what few roads there are ..At least on the south end the rest of the island would be functional. Hh is a great island but having this event there would be a nightmare for all those participating. Just getting to where you would need to set up and transition would not be easy. It's getting so late in the game on this one, I think I will skip it and wait for a better locale
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
toadbra wrote:
Assuming they did hold a race where would it be? Meaning....where would the transition area be located as well as the race starting area?

I've been going to HHI for over 25 years and other than the public beach near Coligny Plaza I'm racking my brain to figure out how they would set up the race? I'm assuming too the bike would probably go to Beaufort and back?

Can anyone speculate?

Coligny is the best option in my opinion. However, I got to thinking about it and should they decide that they don't want an ocean swim(??) then they could do the transition at the parking lot that is under the Cross Island Pkwy at Palmetto Bay Marina. They could then shuttle people up to Broad Creek Marina (though, I'm not sure that the swim would be long enough...might be close). They would have to do the swim at slack or outgoing tide. The tides rip here, so it could be a fast swim.

But my bet is on Coligny with a finish on the beach or on the beach walk at Coligny leading to the beach. Tiki Hut for the after party.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [Clempson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clempson wrote:
I don't see it as an option in the store any more

That kind of points to option 1 don't ya think?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [Twotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish you were right that would have made sense. But they were planning ground zero in palmetto dunes which in my opinion is the worst option. I agree even under the bridge would have been a better way to go.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hilton Head 70.3 ? [Runaround] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runaround wrote:
I wish you were right that would have made sense. But they were planning ground zero in palmetto dunes which in my opinion is the worst option. I agree even under the bridge would have been a better way to go.

Maybe me calling them out via social media prompted them to take it down this afternoon..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like Hilton Head 70.3 isn't happening. Given they awarded Chattanooga the IM, and have denied HHI the 70.3 this year, sounds like there are some issues that will need to be resolved (being permits, locations, city council issues) before they go this route again.
Quote Reply

Prev Next