Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Cozumel tips? [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:
Athlete guides up!
http://m.ironman.com/~/media/8f51a4b03b8f49628d3be13cc7a05b0c/guia%20ing.pdf

I guess that means I have to put the bag of chips down then.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Cozumel tips? [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anybody know if I can buy a Mexican cell phone/data plan at the Cancun airport? I can still go through AT & T, but I am about to switch carriers to Straight Talk anyway and would like to break my umbilical ASAP.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: IM Cozumel tips? [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:
CyclingClyde wrote:
-frame sticker/bib on bike: We had one frame sticker. In previous years, athletes were required to wear a bib on the bike. My understanding from the athlete's briefing is this used to be a Triathlon Mexico requirement, but they have changed the rule. No bibs were required during the bike leg

Thanks CC. Glad to hear that. Going to all the effort to get more aero only to have a bib number flapping around doesn't make sense. Seems that most federations are adopting this change. I did try and search the internet for something about this change in writing but couldn't find anything.

Anyone with insight on bib on bike? Athlete guide for 2018 still says you need one but i had thought all races had moved on from this
Quote Reply
Re: IM Cozumel tips? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any suggestion for a safe place to ride? I’m staying basically across from the finish line. I’m thinking of riding south out of town but have no idea what the roads or traffic look like. Any advice is appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ride South, you will soon pick up the cycle road which runs alongside the main road. You can pretty much follow this round the Island, it’s virtuslly traffic free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree south is really the only option. Like anywhere else keep your head on a swivel until you get past the cruise ship port and marina. MX traffic can be nuts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got the "Welcome to Ironman Cozumel" email this morning, except all the information was for the 70.3 in Los Cabos two weeks ago. Too funny. The spanish version of the email had all the right information (or at least the right race and dates) though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And the wind is blowing like crazy today. My condo is on the beach and I see now why disc wheels are prohibited. Fortunately, it’s supposed to be calm by Sunday.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: IM Cozumel tips? [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
Stelvio wrote:
CyclingClyde wrote:

-frame sticker/bib on bike: We had one frame sticker. In previous years, athletes were required to wear a bib on the bike. My understanding from the athlete's briefing is this used to be a Triathlon Mexico requirement, but they have changed the rule. No bibs were required during the bike leg

Thanks CC. Glad to hear that. Going to all the effort to get more aero only to have a bib number flapping around doesn't make sense. Seems that most federations are adopting this change. I did try and search the internet for something about this change in writing but couldn't find anything.

Anyone with insight on bib on bike? Athlete guide for 2018 still says you need one but i had thought all races had moved on from this

I can only say we did not have to wear bib numbers on the bike last year, 2017. I believe they confirmed this at the race briefing last year even though it still showed that bib numbers on the bike were required in the athlete guide.
Last edited by: Stelvio: Nov 15, 18 14:38
Quote Reply
Re: IM Cozumel tips? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else had their bracelet fall off already? Didn’t even last 5 minutes into my swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m staying right across the street from expo as well. Any suggestions on race morning transportation to T1? I guess taxis are still abundant that early in the morn??
Quote Reply
Re: IM Cozumel tips? [atxtri1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year I stayed a little less than a mile north of T1 and took a shuttle down to T1. Don't remember how I found out but maybe check with the hotel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the host hotels will have buses to take you to T1 to set up your bike and then to swim start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
atxtri1 wrote:
I’m staying right across the street from expo as well. Any suggestions on race morning transportation to T1? I guess taxis are still abundant that early in the morn??

Taxis are out and about. I left my hotel to walk to one of the host hotels about a 1/2 mile away, taxi was by in less than a minute. Quick ride to transition and was on the first bus to swim start. Bring pesos
Quote Reply
Re: IM Cozumel tips? [Harbo99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m reading in the packet that race morning, this is hotel guest only.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There will be a ton of people standing in line waiting to hop on a bus. Just go get in line at the closest host hotel. No one will be checking to see if you are staying at that hotel.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Cozumel tips? [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They said in the meeting you only have to wear it on the run.

Practice swim cancelled because local authorities still have the harbor closed due to the winds and chop. Winds are expected to mellow out some today but I wonder if it will be enough for them to open everything up by tomorrow.
Quote Reply

Prev Next