Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM CdA locals - want to join a group workout Mem. Weekend?
Quote | Reply
For those of you who live in the Spokane / CdA area (or aren't afraid to drive!), I'm wondering if anyone wants to do a long workout on the Saturday of Memorial weekend.

What I had in mind was doing something long to simulate the amount of aerobic exercise that is coming June 29th and to get a chance to work on fluid intake, race nutrition, etc. I'm planning a 3 hr. bike, followed by a 1 hr. run, then repeat, and follow up the second run with an easy 30 minute spin on the bike for a total of 8.5 hours. Since people may be at different speeds, I'm considering doing it based out of the Argonne Library parking lot and riding the trail and the Riverview Dr. portion of the IM course. Faster people would cover more ground in the 3 hours, but we could meet back at the "base" and start out on the run together, then repeat and do the last 30 minute ride together. It makes for an individually tailored group workout, if that makes any sense!

Any takers? I have a few maybes from friends who are doing the race, but we all think the more the merrier.

Quote Reply
Re: IM CdA locals - want to join a group workout Mem. Weekend? [Colin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gee, thanks, Colin. Go ahead and schedule this two weeks AFTER we're up there training! We were on the course four days in a row, and saw maybe a total of 10 cyclists, and a handful of runners (no swimmers, I wonder why? ;) ). Actually, the plan sounds like a blast, and we'd have no problem with the 12 hour (each way) drive for the training, except that we have a local event here that weekend, and we are putting on a newbie clinic the night before. So, you all have fun.

--Lloyd
Quote Reply