Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMWA Athletes: From the daily Intel Dump:
Quote | Reply
Each day several private security consulting companies publish Intelligence Briefings for personnel in the private security, PMC industry.

This one applies to those going into Australia for Ironman Western Australia:

Australia (Country threat level - 3): Significant transportation delays are expected to occur en route to Brisbane International Airport (YBBN/BNE) on 12 November 2005, as airport officials estimate that as many as 100,000 people may go to the airport to view the Airbus A380, the world's largest passenger aircraft. The aircraft is expected to be at the airport from 0800-1400 local time, and the fifth floor of the domestic terminal parking garage is expected to be the largest viewing area. Passengers should arrive well in advance of their scheduled departure, as there is likely to be heavy vehicular and train traffic.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: IMWA Athletes: From the daily Intel Dump: [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hopefully Tom, most people will be going in through Sydney or Melbourne - en route to Perth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amen, passing thru Auckland about a week later ;-) But thx for the info.

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: IMWA Athletes: From the daily Intel Dump: [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wondered about that.

Personally, I would be up for a few hour delay to get a look at the A380. It's been a big week for aviation with the 777-200LR record and all:

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had a Boeing engineer giving a seminar here at U of M a week ago. He discussed a Boeing project in the pipeline that in my opinion will put them back at the top of the market in 10 or so years.

It's a blended wing body concept that has some very promising aspects, especially when compared to the 777 and the Airbus.

Very neat stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Re: IMWA Athletes: From the daily Intel Dump: [jackattack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The "Dreamliner" is promising too.

Man, we hijacked this thread....

Anyway- Good Luck to IM Western Australia athletes and have a great race!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some things are worth Hijacking if you'll forgive the pun...

Wonder how long it's going to take to load and unload one of those things at an airport without increasing the number of jetways? Does this mean that we go back o movable stairs and walking across the tarmac?

Still, good luck to all those doing IMWA. If you're travelling from overseas, try the Barramundi... sooo worth it.

Wanderer
Quote Reply
Re: IMWA Athletes: From the daily Intel Dump: [wanderer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the "Barramundi" can save me .0003 seconds, I'll try it before the race :)

Saw the 380 in flight around its home base of Toulouse over the summer; really impressive and the most suprising part was how silent it was. Still I would not want to be sitting at the very back when having to de-board the plane.

Gregory
Quote Reply