Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMTX Hardy Toll Road Surface & tire pressure
Quote | Reply
I drive the Hardy often and realize that the road is slightly "grooved" perpendicular to the direction of travel. It's slight to the point that I don't even notice unless in stopped traffic. I've ridden on surfaces like this before and some can be pretty aggressive to the point that it's rough like chip seal. I was wondering if it's "rough" enough that it's worth dropping 5 psi or so. Or is it pretty mild and not that big of a deal. I'm on 23mm GP4ksII with latex tubes that I typically run at 90 psi.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Hardy Toll Road Surface & tire pressure [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never noticed it to be rough at all during last years race. The Hardy was the smoothest part of the entire bike course I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Hardy Toll Road Surface & tire pressure [I_Tri_4_Sanity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good deal. I had done a ride on the Grand Parkway a few years back and it was rough. Not so much that you hated it. But enough that it was noticeable. Stopped in traffic today and glanced down at the surface and was wondering if it was at all worth thinking about. It definitely didn't seem as pronounced as the new Grand Parkway surface, but it was there.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Hardy Toll Road Surface & tire pressure [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't ridden it before, but I have heard that there are a lot of expansion joints in the road that can be very bumpy and could possibly increase the risk of flats.. just something to be aware of

Strava
Quote Reply