Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMTX 2019 Payment Plan
Quote | Reply
Am I looking at this correctly in that if one were to go with the payment plan of $310.00, one would be paying a total of $930.00 for an Ironman race as opposed to the $725.00?

Seems a bit steep. I remember last year there was a small charge for each payment but don't remember it being so high. I guess I should not be surprised though.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2019 Payment Plan [DesertTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being financially stupid always has its penalties. :-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I recall correctly from doing the payment plan last year, the charge for each payment totaled the same as if you paid 1x. I remember looking at it bc I could have done the 1x payment but it wasn't anymore expensive doing it 3x so I figured it would be noticed less by the wife in smaller increments.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DesertTriGuy wrote:
Am I looking at this correctly in that if one were to go with the payment plan of $310.00, one would be paying a total of $930.00 for an Ironman race as opposed to the $725.00?

Seems a bit steep. I remember last year there was a small charge for each payment but don't remember it being so high. I guess I should not be surprised though.

Payment 2 and 3 are not $310, they are $232.50 for a total of $775. Which is the Tier 3 price.

Tier 1 pricing is already gone. Tier 2 is $725. So right now it's a $50 surcharge.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2019 Payment Plan [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the clarification! The difference of $50 will pay for my USAT annual membership fee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You also get hit with 3 Active.com processing fees. 1 for each payment. Saw that in the fine print.

Ron
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2019 Payment Plan [WaterRat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I looked at the costs it appears that the Active fees for IM are based on a percentage of the amount being paid - so although you get hit with 3 Active fees each is less than the single Active fee if you pay everything in one lump sum. I think you will pay slightly more overall but not a significant amount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironman - the only race out there that takes a payment plan
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2019 Payment Plan [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You get charged an active.com processing fee with each payment too.
Quote Reply