Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IMSA (official thread)
Quote | Reply
I'll probably be off to bed soon, but the live coverage is fantastic so far. They shortened the swim to 1.6k, due to rough water.. I think the pros should have got a full distance go, at least. I'm pulling for McNamee, Hoffman and the Don.
Quote Reply
Re: IMSA (official thread) [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where is the live streaming?

Thanks,
Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: IMSA (official thread) [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Where is the live streaming?

Thanks,
Maurice

https://www.facebook.com/...eos/281268369491981/

Josh looked like a freaking dolphin. Oh the things I would do to be able to swim like that...
Quote Reply
Re: IMSA (official thread) [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lucy as well! That race seems to ve won by her already. Mens is super close!

Isnlucy husband still racing as a pro? I see reece barkely 4 min down in the mems field?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree professionals should still do 3.8k.

I understand age grouper safety needing it to be shorter.

But the professionals could have easily done 3.2k ie 2 laps without changing the course for the age groupers.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: IMSA (official thread) [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:

But the professionals could have easily done 3.2k ie 2 laps without changing the course for the age groupers.

In that case 2.5 loops covers 3.8. Where were th sharks today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IRONMAN now It is with great sadness that we confirm the death of two race participants at the IRONMAN African Championship. Both athletes required medical attention during the swim portion of Sunday’s race and were transported to a nearby hospital where they were treated. Our condolences go out to the family and friends of both athletes, whom we will continue to support. We are working with the local authorities to gather all details and will continue to do everything possible to provide a safe environment for our athletes. In respect of each family’s privacy, we will have no further comment at this time.

Edit: Somebody commented that they heard 1 was a heart attack and the other was a seizure.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Last edited by: timr: Apr 7, 19 3:14
Quote Reply
Re: IMSA (official thread) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
PJC wrote:

In that case 2.5 loops covers 3.8. Where were th sharks today?
My point was 3.2k is better than 1.6k for the professionals.
But yes. 3.8 would have been better.

I don’t think it’s going to affect the women’s race but I do the men’s.

Lucy just hit the lead.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: IMSA (official thread) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What happened to Amberger?
Quote Reply
Re: IMSA (official thread) [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
IRONMAN now It is with great sadness that we confirm the death of two race participants at the IRONMAN African Championship. Both athletes required medical attention during the swim portion of Sunday’s race and were transported to a nearby hospital where they were treated. Our condolences go out to the family and friends of both athletes, whom we will continue to support. We are working with the local authorities to gather all details and will continue to do everything possible to provide a safe environment for our athletes. In respect of each family’s privacy, we will have no further comment at this time.

Edit: Somebody commented that they heard 1 was a heart attack and the other was a seizure.

Dammit that really sucks. Last time I saw something like this it was from the Philly marathon and it turns out it was my friend Chris Gleason on a 2:58 pace at mile 25.5 ....never would dream it would be him. I have a friend racing and now feeling a bit nervous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some more info (58 and 61 years old, both male):
https://www.timeslive.co.za/...man-competitors-die/
Quote Reply
Re: IMSA (official thread) [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahaha best moment on IMSA just happend, 2nd female said to camera something along the line of "it can be no coincidence we all 3 (podium women), had the same shoe", and the camera shows 3x Nike shoes commentators trying to laugh through it knowing Hoka is the sponsor :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very sad. It's the first time I have heard Ironman break in commentary to announce something like that. They had silence after which is respectful but I am not so sure it's right place. After the silence it went right back to the excitement and noise kind of like, 'Okay, so back to the race' and some of the comments from people watching were something like, "I have always wanted to do an Ironman but that's what I'm afraid of". On the flip side of that, I guess those people should understand it's a real possibility and focus more on swimming.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My post race result gleaning thoughts...

Anyone catch what happened to Tim Don? I see he didn't even finish the bike... Hope he's ok.
Really happy to see the Hoff lay down such a strong performance! Hope he has a great year ahead.
Surprised to see McNamee finish so far back!? Did he have a mechanical? The bike spilt was way off (4:52).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was wondering that too. Looks like he was right in the mix and suddenly dropped after the 162km mark.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And Cervélo get a first win for the P3X. That bike looks great.

Lucy had a great race. Didn’t look comfortable on the bike but held it together and put in a good run to claim victory and a KQ.
Quote Reply
Re: IMSA (official thread) [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
And Cervélo get a first win for the P3X. That bike looks great.

Lucy had a great race. Didn’t look comfortable on the bike but held it together and put in a good run to claim victory and a KQ.

So how many KQ slots were there today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4 men, 2 women. But a few of athletes already had spots. Per Thorson over at tri-rating

Quote:
The following athletes were able to validate their Automatic Qualifier slots by finishing IM South Africa:

Lucy Charles-Barclay
Bart Aernouts
David McNamee
As Michael Weiss and Eneko Llanos were already qualified before the race, these athletes received a Kona slot (pending official results and acceptance at Monday’s award ceremony):

Gurutze Frades
Annah Watkinson
Ben Hoffman
Nils Frommhold
Maurice Clavel
Andreas Dreitz

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:
My post race result gleaning thoughts...

Anyone catch what happened to Tim Don? I see he didn't even finish the bike... Hope he's ok.
Really happy to see the Hoff lay down such a strong performance! Hope he has a great year ahead.
Surprised to see McNamee finish so far back!? Did he have a mechanical? The bike spilt was way off (4:52).

On the broadcast they mentioned Tim Don was having an issue with his headset. Stopped to get it fixed and lost 1 min to the leaders but was still going at that point. That was about 4:30 into the race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoffman with a 2:39 - wow! I knew he was fast, but didn’t realize he could run like that.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: IMSA (official thread) [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lauren Brandon still hasn’t figured out how to run.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, fantastic go see him back crushing it after a rough go last season. Hopefully he can carry to Kona and really mix it up!

It was also shocking to see McNamee so far from the front of the race. He seems like a guy who really just ramps his season up for Kona and maybe struggles or elects to not quite get on form so far away in the year. On his Insta, he just chalked it up, to getting his butt kicked by the sport today.
Quote Reply
Re: IMSA (official thread) [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tim Don just posted on Insta that it was an (yet fully known) mechanical issue that couldn't be fixed, that brought his day to an end. Bummer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was different tactics for Charles-Barclay.

She didn't smash the bike and then and hold on for the run, she rode "relatively" conservatively and then smashed the run.

Will this be her tactic in Kona to beat Ryf?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the race and my garmin had 40.8km for the run. If thats correct 2:39 might be 2:43 for a correct distance for Hoffman.
Quote Reply

Prev Next