Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMNZ '05 - Who's going? Slowtwitch VIP tent?
Quote | Reply
Hi gang,

I'm not doing IMNZ this year but I know several of you are. I missed meeting many of you last year because I was in a strange place. I was both very focussed and very calm. I had done enough preparation to feel confident. Stange feeling for me but it precluded me jeopardising my place in "the zone" by worrying about socializing.

This year I will be spectating instead. This is almost as much work as competing. If you don't believe me, just try to really follow 3 or more friends on race day, go nuts at the finish line right from when Cameron Brown crosses the line first, until the last official finisher at midnight. Bloody hard work but worth every second.

The TriDork family will have a marquee on the waterfront so we can watch all 3 legs of the race in luxury (when I'm not out on the course cheering on friends. We will have a Slowtwitch banner on it to identify it to all. If anyone is interested, competitors in need of shade (does that count as outside assistance?) friends and family, will be allowed to drop into our VIP area by prior arrangement. So you, or your supporters need to register here before the event.

Let me know. For competitors (ie fulla, we need to finally meet up) drop me a line also so we can trade war stories and some lies.

Best of luck to all and I look forward to meeting you.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: IMNZ '05 - Who's going? Slowtwitch VIP tent? [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah it would definitely be cool to put a few faces to names. i'm gonna see if i can get the 3 days prior off completely but yeah maybe thats not a good idea since all ill have to do is think about the race.

i could show u around the taupo nitelife too if u so desire (i live there)..assuming i can walk after.
Quote Reply
Re: IMNZ '05 - Who's going? Slowtwitch VIP tent? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla, do you work? you always respond to my posts waaaqaaay too fast to actually be employed. What does your boss think? :-)

I took off 4 days before the race last year and hung around Taupo. I didn't do any training, went to Gordo/Scott seminars, ate, drank and chilled out. It was great to be able to relax, be selfish (my family wasn't along) and simply focus on me and the race. I highly recommend it!

Closer to the race, I will get details and we can meet for a hard night on the piss. How about Friday night?

don't email me right back, I'm about to crack open a "Lyon Rouge" and begin my weekend. Later duuuuuuuuuude,

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you put up the marquee next year in '06, I'll be dropping by, with at least one other slowtwitcher.

Good luck to everyone this year.

J.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm coming from Korea to race, and my wife is coming from the states to watch. Intend to do a good taper before the race as well as some low key sight seeing.

How is the expo? I'm pretty friggin limited by a 20 kg free baggage limit and was wondering if I should have her bring my race chow or buy at the expo. Haven't used the Pro 4 stuff and probably won't start race week.

Barefoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arriving AKL on the Sunday, then going down to Taupo on Tuesday morning. Staying with friends, so I have no idea where I'm actually staying.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply