Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IMNC 70.3 Roll call
Quote | Reply
Who is going? Traveling from Wisconsin. Deferred from last year. Anyone know what the bike course is like after Florence? TIA
Quote Reply
Re: IMNC 70.3 Roll call [twack26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm leaving Wednesday morning from Kentucky! I just got a new drive train and now my shifter springs are toast. Hopefully I'm getting all these mechanical issues out of the way. We're staying at the Stella Maris Hostel.
Quote Reply
Re: IMNC 70.3 Roll call [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm racing...
won't be all that competitive this year...training has taken a back seat to life.
will enjoy the hurt, though...
Quote Reply
Re: IMNC 70.3 Roll call [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Battling a bone spur in my elbow, partially torn tricep, and achilles tendinitis flare up weeks before this race, but it's sub 5 or bust for me. Let's do this!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sub 5 is definitely the goal...
have a good race out there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It appears the race start is one hour earlier (7:10am) this year for the 70.3 event. I hope the sun is out to help with navigation in the water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
d00d wrote:
sub 5 is definitely the goal...
have a good race out there!

Awesome! Good luck to you as well! With a low temperature of 50F I'm actually thinking of wearing my Castelli Perfetto Vest on the bike. It's very form fitting in a small. We'll be wet and at 50F that is cold. I expect 60-65F at the end of the bike. The temperature rating on the vest is 50-65F. Being wet, I want my core temperature to stay consistent, but no overheating. I wore it from 50F-59F during yesterday's ride, but was not wet. What are others doing in terms of bike gear?
Quote Reply
Re: IMNC 70.3 Roll call [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billyk24 wrote:
It appears the race start is one hour earlier (7:10am) this year for the 70.3 event. I hope the sun is out to help with navigation in the water.

I'm going with my Roka amber dark. They should brighten the sky and provide good visibility with swimming northeast as the sun will be rising to our east.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Driving in from Pittsburgh on Thursday. Looking forward to checking out this race.

I’ve heard that roads should be in excellent condition with mostly new pavement.

My tentative plan is for arm sleeves on the bike and the amber lenses for the swim.
Quote Reply
Re: IMNC 70.3 Roll call [Strugglebeast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strugglebeast wrote:
Driving in from Pittsburgh on Thursday. Looking forward to checking out this race.

I’ve heard that roads should be in excellent condition with mostly new pavement.

My tentative plan is for arm sleeves on the bike and the amber lenses for the swim.

about 600 mile drive from Pittsburgh. I'm 30 miles north in Butler, County
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#10 at this race for me. Conditions are looking fantastic; it's gonna be a fast day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did this race in 2012 [half] 2013 [full] and 2014 [half] when it was B2B My favorite long course race of all the different races over the years. Had a horrible fall in 2017 and blew out my ACL/MCL and needed micro-fracture surgery. Had to take 18 months off of running and 9 months off swimming. Getting back to this race has been what has kept me going over the last two years post surgery. The run just hasn't quite come back, but I'm old, hahahaha. Just feeling blessed to get to the start line healthy. Looking forward to this race, best of luck to everyone. Leaving Weds from NE Ohio! BTW - appears they moved the swim finish up a bit due to last years storm damage? Anyone know if the swim start is still in the same place near the Blockade Runner Hotel? Athlete guide mentions they will have a carpet from the swim exit to T1, that is a nice change, no need to leave an old pair of shoes at the swim exit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
Battling a bone spur in my elbow, partially torn tricep, and achilles tendinitis flare up weeks before this race, but it's sub 5 or bust for me. Let's do this!

hydrate like a mofo

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rode 38 miles of the bike course on Sat. Short stretch of Highway 421 that was washed out during Florence is still being repaired. Bell Williams Road which is the two lane heading back is kinda rough, bumps and potholes. Someone on Facebook IMNC page has a video of bike course.
Swam in Banks Channel this morning with sleeveless wetsuit and was very comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope all the bad luck leaves before Saturday! Staying at the Holiday Inn Express

Rather than look back and say "why?", look forward and say "why not?!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t ever figure to be competitive. Just hope to stay rubber side down and have fun!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great googily! I hope you stay in one piece!!!

Quote Reply
Re: IMNC 70.3 Roll call [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a worry for me too. I’ve been burned both by glare with clear and low light in tinted goggles. I might have to make a goggle sacrifice and make a game time decision
Quote Reply
Re: IMNC 70.3 Roll call [Strugglebeast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear about the roads. Worried that Florence caused irreparable damage.

Quote Reply
Re: IMNC 70.3 Roll call [mgorris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Congrats on making it back! Fingers crossed for a pain free race!

Quote Reply
Re: IMNC 70.3 Roll call [Kenny Hines] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes!
This!
Exactly what I was hoping for. Probably going full sleeve simply because it’s gonna be chilly race morning (I’ll take that over heat any day).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
twack26 wrote:
This is a worry for me too. I’ve been burned both by glare with clear and low light in tinted goggles. I might have to make a goggle sacrifice and make a game time decision

It's not so hard to stack googles, one above the other, so you can switch if needed. You can make the switch in seconds while sighting and using a little breaststroke kick to keep your head up. Yes, of course...have a little open space to yourself before you do that so you don't kick someone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big pack of St Pete Mad Dogs headed north for the race. After 147 days above 70 degrees, mostly 90+, the cool temps will be a welcome relief. Also water temps below 80 - just dug my dusty wetsuit out of deep storage. See y’all there.

John Hollenhorst
St Pete Beach

John Hollenhorst
St Pete Beach
Quote Reply
Re: IMNC 70.3 Roll call [Hed Case] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[url=https://postimg.cc/KkL9v5VQ][/url]

Come find me on the run course downtown. Get a free high five and call me a Turd

Quote Reply
Re: IMNC 70.3 Roll call [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turd Ferguson wrote:
[url=https://postimg.cc/KkL9v5VQ][/url]

Come find me on the run course downtown. Get a free high five and call me a Turd
Looking forward to doing just that
Quote Reply

Prev Next