Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMFL Taper question
Quote | Reply
18 days to go. My last long ride was yesterday (6 hours), work 24 hours today, last long run (20 miles) tomorrow. The program that I have been loosely following only allows for a 2 week taper, but I feel more comfortable with 2.5 - 3 weeks. How should I structure my weekend sessions? I was thinking a 2 hour ride Saturday & 90 minute run on Sunday this upcoming weekend, then a 1.5 hour brick the weekend before. Swim whenever I feel like it. Any suggestions?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL Taper question [DualFual] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They always say it is better to err to the side of caution. It is better to show up race day 10% undertrained than 1% overtrained.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bmp

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm doing the beginnertriathlete.com IM schedule, and it has me doing two more 3hr rides and a 12 mile run this week. Course, my longest run was only 18 miles. (180mins) I'm glad I have done a Marathon before though. (first one was this past Jan)

Anyhoo... We got 18 days to get our butts together on a plan for when we are going to have our ST meeting. ;)

I don't know about you DualFual, but I'm super-mega-pumped. :)

Trae

--
Trae McCombs
TSR - Sponsored by the Masses. Racing for the hell of it.
Ironman Finisher 2005 -- 14:09:18
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL Taper question [occy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
occy--Try and stay off your feet the day before the race. Do the expo on Thursday. Basically just check your bike in on Friday and maybe a morning swim. Definitely get in the Gulf before Saturday morning, though.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL Taper question [occy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That seems like a lot, Occy. I'm kinda on cruise control, now.

I may get in one 2 hour ride and maybe a 10 mile run and then some shorter stuff the remaining days. I did a 12.5 mile run Saturday morning and practiced my 10 min run/1 min walk strategy. Did that in 1:44 with average HR of 139. Felt like I could do the circuit again.

I'm still keeping up the swimming, though - that's looking real good. After 2000 yards, this morning, I did a 400 at perceived race pace and hit it 5:00 on the nose. Totally comfortable pace.

Just getting antsy and want this done and over with!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply