Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMFL Day 2 report (Thursday)
Quote | Reply
I got in an early morning ride in and the roads were still very quiet as most racers were most likely either still resting or heading over to the Gatorade early morning swim. The temps were quite cool, but certainly not uncomfortable and as i was cruising along I was a bit sad that I am not participating this year.
After a quick shower and breakfast I headed over to the Dragon Sports tent at Alvin's Island where I spent the day talking to lots of people from all over the country and all over the world. Francois, KJGrog, Felipe Bastos and his girlfriend plus Holly all stopped by and hung out a bit. I also ran into Stefan Holzner's brother Michael who is racing here and it is a very good athlete in his own right.
In the evening I met with a very large group of Slowtwitchers at the Sweet Basil restaurant on FrontBeach Road and that was very nice. KonaBy, Miami79, Zulu, RRoof were just some of the 20 so folks that gathered there and although the food was not spectacular, the company was good. Afterwards we went to an icecream store across the parkinglot and I think Felipe and Francois were excited that with Miami79 they finally found someone who is more petite than them. :-)
Several fun pics were taken there and hopefully someone can post them up here.
Cheers,
Herbert
Litespeed/QR
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL Day 2 report (Thursday) [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey hey hey! Zinc was here too...he is about my height...and said
'you're not that short!' visibly disappointed...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert, I'll be in town Friday afternoon thru Sunday lunch. Will you be anywhere that I could chase you down and talk road bike geometry, materials, and facility visits?

--------------------------------------------------------
Rebuilt with twice as many titanium parts as Portland79.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL Day 2 report (Thursday) [GO548] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin's Island facing the summit just west of transition area.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL Day 2 report (Thursday) [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Francios. Good luck. See you on the run. I'm trying toget Miami79 to hang out with us at the 1/4 Deck, at about mi. 1.5.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hope the deck is high enough, otherwise she won't see much ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She'll be OK, she can stand on a bench

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just made it here Thursday......just finished a swim ....it is Friday....ready to get this thing done.........

cheers!

Sam

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will definitely stop in to see you... since you never posted your THR scar pics on that thread, I think you owe me a drink (heehee). I think I may be with Herbert on our bikes checking out the action, so maybe you will get your chance to pick his brain, and we can see if they will come up with a new hip replacement geometry bike... make sure to save me a seat high enough that i can see francois go by. haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois, to be fair you're at least six inches taller than I expected... and I was tempted to keep that wetsuit you didn't pick up at noon since it's my size also.
Quote Reply