Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMFL one month from today. [yoe400800] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yoe400800 wrote:
Thanks IronTri I'll head out that way.

I'll also be riding a disc, drove from chicago and that's all I have. At 143lbs I'm hoping for no wind! Also hoping irontri isn't 30-34.

You'll be fine w/ your disc and weight. Crosswinds should be small as the trees/forest will protect us for most of hwy 20 and hwy 388 where we might see them. Enjoy the ride home on 79.

Let me know if you need any help w/ anything this week. I live here (Navy) and have the tool and parts hook up!

Also, I am in M40-44, already KQ'd for next yr, injured (double achilles issues), and thinking about 9:30 at best.

Quote | Reply
temps are predicted to be fairly chili, I am having to rethink my clothing. what are you guys wearing?
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL one month from today. [buck_shot11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
buck_shot11 wrote:
temps are predicted to be fairly chili, I am having to rethink my clothing. what are you guys wearing?

Probably the following:
Bike: Rudy wingspan w/ full vent blocker, long sleeve Desoto top, cycling short sleeve tech top over, arm warmers, light weight tossable gloves, toe covers

Run: keep on long sleeve top (it's a skin cooler type top)

This is turning out to mirror 2010 quite similarily. The high that day was only 59 or 60.

Quote | Reply
Are you keeping any wet clothes on from the swim or changing into all dry in T1?
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL one month from today. [irontri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Irontri: in which part of the course the wind should be head wind ?
Forescast is NNW 21mph
Can we expect high bike splits ??

tks
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL one month from today. [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm planning on getting by w arm Warmers, toe Warmers, and gloves, which I'll pitch a few hours in. Once sun comes up and get past the initial 20 miles of headwind shouldn't be bad
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL one month from today. [MTranquilli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not racing this year, but volunteering and cheering on club members. I'm ready to be inspired!!! This will be my first Full Ironman experience, and I'm so excited that I feel like I am racing. Good luck to all of the athletes, safe travels, and an awesome race day :)
P.S. those temps are awesome! Maybe a bit cool jumping out of the water, but certainly better than heat and humidity the rest of the day!

http://trismashley.blogspot.com
Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing. -Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
Are you keeping any wet clothes on from the swim or changing into all dry in T1?

I will probably put on all dry stuff except shorts in T1. Did this in 2010 to a fabulous 7:xx T1 and still get crap from my friends about that. That same race, I must have seen/passed 10-15 male pros STOPPED at aid stations on hwy 20 trying to warm up in the cabs of supply trucks, rub downs from volunteers, etc. I guess many of them either wore wet stuff or underdressed.

Quote | Reply
MTRIB wrote:
Irontri: in which part of the course the wind should be head wind ?
Forescast is NNW 21mph
Can we expect high bike splits ??

tks

Heading out North Hwy 79, it will be early and it should be a building headwind for those 15 miles. Headwind, but not killer yet. We may have a slight head cross the 20 miles heading back west on Hwy 20 from Blue SPrings Rd to Hwy 79. The return trip on Hwy 79 will be a ripping tailwind. The 7-8 miles heading home along Front Beach Rd will have some nasty crosswinds, but many buildings will block quite a bit of it.

I live here and ride parts of the course nearly every Sunday. We only have about 5 routes to do:(

Quote | Reply
How come I can't find the tracking website anywhere.
Why do they make it so hard to find? Without using Irontrac app, anyone know the site?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going with the ghetto kitchen garbage bag vest over wet singlet and I'll put my sleeved castelli t1 jersey on top. I'm planning to rip the bag off as soon as I feel warm enough and the sun is up. Arm warmers and maybe gloves too.

irontri wrote:
sp1ke wrote:

I will probably put on all dry stuff except shorts in T1. Did this in 2010 to a fabulous 7:xx T1 and still get crap from my friends about that. That same race, I must have seen/passed 10-15 male pros STOPPED at aid stations on hwy 20 trying to warm up in the cabs of supply trucks, rub downs from volunteers, etc. I guess many of them either wore wet stuff or underdressed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
I'm going with the ghetto kitchen garbage bag vest over wet singlet and I'll put my sleeved castelli t1 jersey on top. I'm planning to rip the bag off as soon as I feel warm enough and the sun is up. Arm warmers and maybe gloves too.

irontri wrote:
sp1ke wrote:

That sounds like a great plan. Don't forget toe covers if you have them. Also, make sure to discard at an aid station. At the (loooong) pre-race brief yesterday, they said they will be very strict about littering on both the bike and run including stand down pnealties on the run course!?!?

Quote | Reply
Yep, toe covers on ;) thanks for the reminder. For sure I'll dump it at an aid station not on the course.

Have a great race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well...these will be the nicest conditions of my three long course races this season. Think I'll probably just throw on a thin pair of gloves in T1 and call it good

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Why a Couple Pieces of Fruit Sent My Triglycerides Through the Roof, and How it Relates to Chronic Health
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...f-fruit-sent-my.html
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL one month from today. [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't any of you people looked at the marine forecast?? I can't believe people aren't losing their minds...

Friday Night

Northwest wind around 15 knots becoming north 20 to 25 knots. Gale force gusts possible. Seas 2 to 3 feet... building to 5 to 7 feet occasionally up to 9 feet. Dominant period 4 seconds. Protected waters a moderate chop increasing to rough

Saturday

North wind 20 to 25 knots becoming around 20 knots in the afternoon. Gale force gusts possible. Seas 5 to 7 feet occasionally up to 9 feet. Dominant period 5 seconds. Protected waters rough becoming choppy in the afternoon.

Saturday Night

North wind around 20 knots becoming around 15 knots after midnight. Seas 4 to 6 feet occasionally up to 8 feet...subsiding to 2 to 4 feet. Dominant period 4 seconds. Protected waters choppy becoming a moderate chop after midnight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was there anything else of note from the athlete briefing? Can anyone attending the dinner tonight provide any new information if they announce any?

As for attire, this is great Canadian weather! I'll be rolling out in the Tri tank. I didn't pack th arm warmers, but I expect to warm up quickly. (Doing training runs in -30 last March helps...still have nerve damage from frost bite on my ear!)

Also, my weather network app now says 24 degrees and 5km/h wind...accuweather still has high teens and strong gusty winds (temps in Celsius. It's hard enough doing the conversion while driving down here)
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL one month from today. [get2T2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where does one find this?

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Why a Couple Pieces of Fruit Sent My Triglycerides Through the Roof, and How it Relates to Chronic Health
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...f-fruit-sent-my.html
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL one month from today. [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Birdmantris wrote:
Where does one find this?

http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/GM/750.html
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL one month from today. [Chris Martin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know site for tracking athletes? I can't find it?
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL one month from today. [get2T2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.swellinfo.com/.../panama-city-florida, shows 3.6 ft swells at 6 am

Cant really picture that, is that rough? Shows 5 ft later in the day. I actually love ocean swimming and don't mind it a little rough, as long as they don't cancel the swim if they see a wave...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny that web site doesn't recommend a full wetsuit until 64 degrees under the wetsuit guide. I guess surfers are tougher than triathletes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTranquilli wrote:
http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-forecast/panama-city-florida, shows 3.6 ft swells at 6 am

Cant really picture that, is that rough? Shows 5 ft later in the day. I actually love ocean swimming and don't mind it a little rough, as long as they don't cancel the swim if they see a wave...

Locals here say a north wind flattens the ocean, and that's what I've seen the 2 days I've been here. Might be a bit choppy.

I'm more concerned with those wind gusts on the bike. I'm hoping the trees block the worst of it on the east-west roads.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL one month from today. [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be at http://www.ironman.com under the Event Coverage link at the top of the page. It's not there yet.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL one month from today. [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's hope the locals are right.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL one month from today. [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
MTranquilli wrote:
http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-forecast/panama-city-florida, shows 3.6 ft swells at 6 am

Locals here say a north wind flattens the ocean, and that's what I've seen the 2 days I've been here. Might be a bit choppy.

I'm more concerned with those wind gusts on the bike. I'm hoping the trees block the worst of it on the east-west roads.

Hwy 79 should suck riding out, be awesome heading home. Hwy 20 and 388 should be mostly protected from crosswinds by the trees. I'm a local:)

Prev Next