Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [triordie1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triordie1994 wrote:
Same ....... He's starting to slip now!!

shit!!

COME ON LIONEL....HANG IN THERE BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
kny wrote:
2:31:55 pace at 8.6

Down to 2:33:26 pace at 11.6. He'll slow, but will he keep it sub 2:40? I'm guessing 2:38 high.
2:34:39 pace at 13.0
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lionel's 13.02 mile split: 1:16:44....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
down to 6:22/mile??

oh-oh

Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
being strategic and super in tune with his body he knows exactly how to pace in order to finish within 2:34:30-2:35:00 which sub 2:35 is the goal, which is within reach. Obviously, the nearer to the end, the more he'll push with less risk of blowing. Many of the top runners in triathlon and running alike, even/ negative split. Lionel is a top runner.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No need to really throttle it now. Would be surprised if he did not back it off a bit so he had less of a chance to blow, get injured, etc... Thoughts?

I think without the swim this sort of changes the dynamic for him. No real pressure at this point. Just get it done without killing yourself. No?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back to 6:01 @ Mile 14.4. Sometimes the measurements we get are off by a few 100 yards...makes a difference in pace since we have mats every 1.5-2 miles.
Or he took potty break :)
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [vmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vmac wrote:
No need to really throttle it now. Would be surprised if he did not back it off a bit so he had less of a chance to blow, get injured, etc... Thoughts?

I think without the swim this sort of changes the dynamic for him. No real pressure at this point. Just get it done without killing yourself. No?

lol....having read what this guy does in training I would say he is thinking the exact opposite!!! Lets get this done....BUT...lets also see how close I CAN get to KILLING myself ::))...lol

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
kny wrote:
kny wrote:

Down to 2:33:26 pace at 11.6. He'll slow, but will he keep it sub 2:40? I'm guessing 2:38 high.

2:35:37 at 14.4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
kny wrote:
kny wrote:
kny wrote:

DAMN!!! and I called a 2:35:xx this morning.

Giddy UP Colonel!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn....to each his own, I guess.

Lionel's nickname may go from The Colonel to TIN CUP if he is not careful!! :)

He is going to be really fun to watch.........if WTC actually provides video of their races in the future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
Sometimes the measurements we get are off by a few 100 yards...

At least . . . Any chance there's a priority for next year to make the split distances in the tracker more accurate?

Don't get me wrong. My "25.2" mph average through the first split at IMChatt made me look like a beast, but it just wasn't true.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
Back to 6:01 @ Mile 14.4. Sometimes the measurements we get are off by a few 100 yards...makes a difference in pace since we have mats every 1.5-2 miles.
Or he took potty break :)

One piece of feedback I'd give you guys for all races, is to get the distance measurements right of where the mats are placed. The mats need to go where they need to go, and that's fine. And it's great you have so many on the run nowadays. It's not hard to get the correct distance location of each, and the per mile (run) and mph (bike) are dependent on these values. Getting these right makes a big difference for folks who are tracking friends and thinking that they are fading or recovering or wondering what the heck happened when speeds jump all around. I've noticed this at a lot of races, and it's all explained by the distances being off somewhat from reality. Shouldn't be too hard to get it right and you'll make a lot of people happy (or not make a lot of people unhappy in reality)
Last edited by: kny: Nov 1, 14 11:56
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [vmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Without the swim, this is pretty much just a normal training day for him, right?
But he would do it on a trainer and treadmill of course :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
kny wrote:
kny wrote:
kny wrote:

2:36:35 at 15.9. Sub 2:40 looking questionable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are well aware of that, we rely on the data from the course guy, sometime it changes at the last minute, we can actually adjust the distances on the fly now.
Florida is pretty accurate since they have used the same course for many years.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [fruity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fruity wrote:
being strategic and super in tune with his body he knows exactly how to pace in order to finish within 2:34:30-2:35:00 which sub 2:35 is the goal, which is within reach. Obviously, the nearer to the end, the more he'll push with less risk of blowing. Many of the top runners in triathlon and running alike, even/ negative split. Lionel is a top runner.

Top runners negative split SLIGHTLY, top runners in triathlon nearly NEVER negative split… especially in an Ironman run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
kny wrote:
kny wrote:
kny wrote:
kny wrote:

IF he doesnt go under 2:40 what are the odds he rides his bike back home to Canada tomorrow morning as a twisted form of self-punishment

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just hope the finish line video coverage has started by the time he finishes. Not up for another 58 minutes! Kind of kidding but maybe not...
Last edited by: cdntrigrl: Nov 1, 14 12:08
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [cdntrigrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point, I will text the guy in charge but pretty sure they have it under control!
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [cdntrigrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cdntrigrl wrote:
I just hope the finish line video coverage has started by the time he finishes. Not up for another 58 minutes! Kind of kidding but maybe not...

pace continues to slow
can he hang tough. I am guessing Yes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
kny wrote:
kny wrote:
kny wrote:
kny wrote:

2:38:01 at 17.4. I'm taking off. Anyone care, you can yourself update the Race Time column here for the remaining 5 splits to see the rest of the progression.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
IF he doesnt go under 2:40 what are the odds he rides his bike back home to Canada tomorrow morning as a twisted form of self-punishment
:)

This is funny because something crazy like that is something he would do...fascinating personality...dangerous if not channeled the right ways though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6:12:22 @ 19.5 Miles
Quote Reply

Prev Next