Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMC Vineyards
Quote | Reply
Since the Okanagen has some killer wines, my wife and I would like to to tour a few of the wineries, likely the day after the race (presuming I'm not still in the med tent). Anyone do this, and have any recommendations? I'm thinking Mission Hill in Kelowna would be a go one.

On that subject, roughly how far is the drive from Kelowna to Penticton?
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Vineyards [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My favorites are Tin Horn Creek and Breezy something....I always do it the day before :-)!
Lots of great vineyards and wineries.....just drive and stop where you are interested.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Aug 9, 05 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Vineyards [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go to the Kelowna Wine Museum...killer jalepeno and chili pepper jams. Plus good advice about the vineyards. Kelowna is about 30 (US) miles or so north I recall correctly.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Vineyards [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can only recommend my clients! Mission Hill and Burrowing Owl (Oliver just off the course) Take a tour of Mission Hill online, its quite a place. Burrowing Owl has produced a few award winning wines and has as a highly regarded restaurant on site. Worth making a reservation though.

From Penticton to Mission Hill which is in Westbank not quite Kelowna is only 30 or 40 mins tops.

If you don't know the bike course and intend to drive round it once, stop off at Burrowing Owl, its just of the 97 (or 93) in Oliver. In any case the race passes through the area.