Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMAZ Volunteering?
Quote | Reply
So....I am thinking about volunteering at IMAZ. I have never been to or seen an IM event live, and since its my home town I thought, what better place to see it. Has anyone volunteered at one before? Would I be better off just going and watching?

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Volunteering? [bcreager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can do both. Volunteer early and spectate later, or vice versa. Just depends on what you want to see. Volunteering is a great way to see things up close and persona and it's usually only a set number of hours.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you like to get up early and help out at the Gatorade Swims? Let me know as I could use the help. Z
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Volunteering? [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm and earlier riser so....what are the gatorade swims?

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6:45 AM til 10:15 the three days before the race. Meet me at the swim start. We check in athlete bags as they swim. You get a Gatorade shirt and hat and $30.00 cash per day! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm quite excited....I'm going to be a finish tape holder! Just the impetus I need to lose a few more pounds, so I can look "good" on all those finisher videos!

I've only volunteered for some local sprints and marathons, and it was lots of fun.

Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Volunteering? [tricheermom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your going to have a BUSY day - the tape holders work their butts off - you have to hold the tape for EACH finisher! It is really something to watch around 6 PM when lots of people are finishing. You will have a GREAT time. I'll be announcing and will make sure to mention how great a job the finish line tape holder are doing! Z
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Volunteering? [tricheermom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll do my best not to vomit on you as I cross the line. Have a bucket ready just in case.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sounds cool....I'll let you know if I can get the time off for that. I am coming from San Diego (grew up in Phoenix) but plan on being there for a couple of days to ride and watch the event.....if the boss lets me take the vacation ;o). When do you need a definite answer by tom?

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries - as soon as you know. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My parents have already volunteered to work at the race. They are retired and always looking to help people out as much as possible. Can they volunteer for the race as well as work the Gatorade swim for you? They are the 'in bed by 9 and up at 5' type so early would not be a problem. Plus, they are one of the 'tight laced' group and they would love to get $30!!! If you are interested, I will PM you their contact information.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Volunteering? [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would love to have their help - send me an e-mail at tomziebart@aol.com. thanks. Z
Quote Reply