Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IMAZ Race Numbers
Quote | Reply
E-mail says to be assigned today. Any bets?
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Race Numbers [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10pm west coast time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not taking any more bets. I've already lost money on the general merchandise that is coming soon.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Race Numbers [That Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You did not say what day. I guess "not today". But then it doesn't make sense that they would advertise it if they weren't sure they could deliver.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
but the mail only said that they are assigning the race numbers today, not that they will be published on the website today. so we just have to wait and see
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
E-mail says to be assigned today. Any bets?
What are talking about? I got a bib # -- It's "NA." ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Race Numbers [lakerfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
some pro bib #'s have been assigned already.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Race Numbers [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my Bib Number.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The IMAZ super-computer is still calculating the bib numbers.

It's quite the computation from what I hear.

Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Race Numbers [aztoaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So its not this:

Plus this:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I win!!!!!!

Its Tuesday morning. Numbers are still secret.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MONK

Double or nothing for today??????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As the official unofficial spokesperson for IMNA, I'll start drawing names and numbers out of the big hat today to appease you guys, if I get bored.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not worried about a number. I assume they will have numbers come race day (of course, they are supposed to be printed on a lot of things by that time). But it is just one more thing that makes you go "Hmmmmm" about the organization of this event--this, at least, would not seem to be a "First time event" issue--it just makes my antennae go up about what to expect in other aspects, like # of volunteers. So we have "Iffy swim site"; 2 loop swim to one loop swim (I believe I am correct about this); 3 loop in town bike course from a two loop more scenic course; "General Merchandise Coming Soon".

I know people are tired of hearing "Whatever it is, it is". Maybe "Whatever its not, its not" would be a better description.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monk

I'm with you on questioning IMNA's ability to run a real organized front office business. Ya the rces them selves are very good - and possibly that is more attributable to the RD thanthe office staff - don't know.

But I do questions how the general business runs. Just seems shotty, lacking professionalism, or disorganized.

I'm entered charity slot - and accordig to my wife it was a bit challenging to fork over the grand - numerous emails and phone calls. To date I have gotten 2 'special' emails as a charity slot entrant. I fully expectthatt he clothing will not be available for race day.

Onthe merchandise front - I think that current year race appearl does not go on internet sale until after the race. I could be very wrong about that however.

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Race Numbers [Foolish Tri Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMFL was like clockwork. I did a charity slot also. I did it to get in the race, not for the swag. When I did the stuff, it wasn't anything you would wear, and fit funny. I didn't, and don't care.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monk

You are correct - I went charity first to get in, second because it seemed like a good way to spend the $$, and third it helped with taxes.

The clothes are an extra - maybe they fit maybe not. No big deal. But my point is - this is just another way IMNA demonstraits that they are not organized. I could be way off - but it is my preception.

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Race Numbers [Foolish Tri Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
has anyone contacted them yet to ask what's going on?

chris@ironmanusa.com sent the mail, so he should know, I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I know for a fact they are having trouble getting volunteers. They are rather short, critically short or were last I checked, in some areas, so much that some first time IMNA volunteers have been made captains in their respective areas. If you know anyone who has a spouse who wants to volunteer for a few hours I know someone who would love to get their hands on them.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Race Numbers [flomauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess they don't need to be answering E-mail if they are up to their asses in alligators.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They should have a contest with the ASU sororities to see who can run the best aid station. The theme could be "skin to win". It would also give them a chance to make cool t-shirts to remember the day.

It would seem like an Oasis to see that at mile 20 of the run. Hooters had an aid station at Motorola Marathon a few years ago. My stride picked up when I got close to that one. Can we pass this idea on to IMNA?

56-11...the only way to fly
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Race Numbers [runboorun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That really is a great idea. Of course they won't think of that. Send them an email.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Race Numbers [runboorun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You send that in. I'd have to pass it on to my wife. She'd probably punch me in the arm again. It hurts.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try to sell it to her a Fraternity/Sorority thing--or just say "Honey, I'm thinkin' greek tonight, how 'bout you?" and see what she says.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian

Any idea where the volunteer shortages are - I should say - which aid stations etc etc

I am trying to recruit a few people

Also- Monk - want to go triple or nothing today on the race numbers coming out??
Quote Reply

Prev Next