Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]

stringcheese wrote:
TriBeer wrote:
LOL.

We need a happy ending after the thread last week titled, "IM Training after a Breakup." Made me cry a bit!

I really want a happy ending. I NEED a happy ending.

Okay! Kyra and Ultra-tri-guy.

Hell no, we don't want a happy ending...we want blood. We want to see race photos. We want public humiliation..well, at least I do.

And it would be nice to see where the 40-45 suckwad who did the race placed in the 45-49 results.

And, it would be really cool if we found out the guy who raced is a Lance fan and thinks he shouldn't have been banned...

I can only dream..

---

I bet they own a Crossfit Box together....and use PowerCranks...Bastards!!!

---

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [KyraMorgan] [ In reply to ]

KyraMorgan wrote:
What constitutes "Cheating"…?

I was at IMAZ this weekend to watch several friends race..GREAT TIME!!! Around three months ago one particular friend started posting on Instagram/FB how he was suddenly going to IMAZ. I assumed this was a charity spot since I knew it soldout in a matter of minutes. Last week I found out this person was going to race under another person's bib number. Apparently, the person who registered didn't feel like racing but didn't want his registration to go to waste and approached the presient of his tri club to see if anyone wanted it. One of my friends was offered the bib but declined, he didn't feel it was right since it was against WTC rules, the other friend accepted. Fast forward to Thursday, person flies to Phoenix, checks-in and hands over his bib. This starts sinking in and I'm starting to have some real problems with this, more so than I was having earlier in the week, probably because this is the first time I'm realizing the enormity of a WTC/IM event. As we are walking around race day, we actually run in the person who didn't feel like racing, he's jolly as Santa Claus walking around with his camera equipment….WTF!!!

As the day goes on I'm just getting pissed. Why, because this goes against WTC rules. I'm grappling with is this cheating or not. I feel it is. So I ask several people thier opinion. One response I received, "WTC has the audacity to ask for money a YEAR in advance, what happens if I get injured…money goes to waste. They make enough money they won't miss it, it's unfair they do that anyway….." My response "it's their race, they make the rules, if you don't like them or are worried about injury or life happening then you have the option not to sign up, there are plenty of other events you can do…." Another argument I received when asked their finish time of 12+ hrs.. "oh well he's a MOP, since he's not qualifying for Kona it doesn't matter. MOP/BOP don't' really matter." Again, WTF!!!! Dude really, are you fucking kidding me MOP or BOP don't matter?? Just because someone isn't qualifying for Kona doesn't mean their overall ranking in div, doesn't matter to them. Another example is the now infamous "T3" scandal…supposedly she was just a few minutes off from the 500,000 IM finisher, could you imagine if she was!!! What a mess that would have been, same goes for racing under another persons name. I don't even want to think had this person racing IMAZ been in an accident.

Now I'll be honest here, my emotions are a little involved on what to do. This person is a little bit of a pompous douche. All he ever talks about how he never gets passed on the bike and how fast he is. In fact as soon as he finished he was gloating about only 5 people passed him on the bike (yeah, he counted…WTF) what he failed to recognize was it was because everyone passed him on the swim (ok, that's me being mean, but still). This person is bragging about racing posting pics of his finishers medals including IMAZ. He's also a founding member of a group who "inspires athletes". I guess he's encouraging and inspiring athletes all over the world to partake in breaking the rules.

My question to all of you is, do you consider racing under another persons bib a form of cheating?

PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A LANCE THREAD!!!

EDIT: I want to make myself clear the actions of both original bib owner and the person who raced are equally in question. I do not know if these two people are friends or acquaintances. This transaction was facilitated by the president of their tri club, who also raced this weekend.

Enough already are we going to get an outing or what? This has devolved into a discussion about WTC policy, matchmaking, bad economic theory, Gaza, anti-government rhetoric and of course Lance. Where's my blood?

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [fred_h] [ In reply to ]

While I think it would be nice to be able to transfer registrations... with races selling out in 40 seconds this would create a black market in an instance. If the WTC allowed transfers people would volunteer just to get the registration, then sell it for 2 or 3 or .... times the money

The process could be very simple and make WTC even more $$$. The original owner advises WTC that he/she can't attend. WTC could accumulate the returned slots till xx days prior to the race then resells the slots. WTC resells the slot for the original cost and refunds 50% to the original purchaser. If the original cost is $800 and 100 people do this, WTC would make 100 x $400 = $40,000 extra. Not difficult to do.

KyraMorgan wrote:
TriBeer wrote:
I like the ST match-making suggestion: Kyra and TravisT as a couple.

Wouldn't that be sweet?

ahhhh, pretty sure travis is married. but, i will shamelessly admit all the wattie guys are pretty hot!!

it's a pre-req

Wattie Ink Elite Team 2013/ Base Performance Ambassador 2011-Current

If anything, he's defrauding WTC and not getting credit for his race anyway. His name isn't on the books so its as if he raced the course on his own with no bib. A far as only getting pressed by 5 people...That is just because I wasn't racing. I do think WTC should change the rules a bit, certainly not allowing last minute changes though. That's to big an event to make alterations at the last minute.

Now, if you paid someone that is faster to race so you'd get a Kona spot, you can go eat shit.
In Reply To:

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [tucktri] [ In reply to ]

Can the ST detectives get to work here? I'd be pissed if I lost a place to a guy from a younger age group racing against me. I don't care if I went from 50th to 51st it matters. To the guys that think it doesn't matter stop and let someone pass you before you head under the clock at your next IM.

What city are the perps from?

Its wrong i agree but i thing the wtc rule of no transfers even if given reasonable warning is unjust when coupled with the 125 "partial refund" rule. I think I paid the money i should be able to transfer if i give them enough time.. A month or 6 weeks maybe

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Lederman] [ In reply to ]

The 2 culprit have been identified and information sent to WTC and USAT.

Results will be remove and 1 year ban are coming.

Happy Ending.....Of to Thailand now....LPT

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [sportstats] [ In reply to ]

You guys are awesome...have I said that before?

Well done.

This is not the SAT or a MBA entrance exam. It's a race...

The trend of races charging enormous fees to enter, and offering very little options on refunds, transfers, save for next season, needs to end. This is just a natural response by people being treated like numbers.

The nature of racing is injury is a real often faced consequence. The WTA doesn't give a damn about your little injury after they have your entry fee.

The WTA has created a systems that is so one sided that people will do this. I have nothing wrong with it. You should check your morals on the balance with WTA's.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [triathlete957] [ In reply to ]

can we get a clue? Not the finishing time. That's too easy for ST's CSI.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [C|earwater] [ In reply to ]

Definitely let a couple people pass you at the finish line next time since the race rules don't really matter.

There are many tri races that aren't as expensive or have as restrictive cancellation policies. Choose your race then follow all the rules. If you can't do that...WTF where does it end? Just make all the rules up or follow the ones you think are fair?

Damn!

sportstats wrote:
The 2 culprit have been identified and information sent to WTC and USAT.

Results will be remove and 1 year ban are coming.

Man! I'm starting to look forward to the "Post-IM Cheater Threads" more than the actual races.

Alright, who has any dirt on something going down in Cozumel this weekend?

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3

Can you report back once decision to ban has been officially made? Right now, it's pointing that way, but I'd like to know if WTC and/or USAT will actually do the deed. I'm not asking for names. Just want to know if and when a ban was actually/officially handed out. I'd like to know if this is one of those quick action thing or will take 10 months before something is actually done.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Lederman] [ In reply to ]

Don't take PEDS, run the full course, don't draft, play fair, be a positive influence.

Need help with where the line is now?

This isn't about using a bib to post better scores, or any other scheming manner that you could think up.

It's getting some value out of what you paid for in an act of civil disobedience. When you disagree with the system, you have the right to make your stand. This is mine (and apparently others as well).

You have every right to continue to get jobbed by WTA. Maybe that's where the anger comes from in the first place.
Last edited by: C|earwater: Nov 20, 12 17:54

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [C|earwater] [ In reply to ]

You missed the part where you follow the rules you signed up to race under.