Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM-WI weather forecast...here we go again!
Quote | Reply
Been watching the extended forecast (weather.com) for IM-WI on Sunday and looks like it's going to follow the typical pattern. A few days ago there were predicting a high of 76F, yesterday it was up to 79F, and today they're saying 85F, Sunny, 0% chance rain.

I swear this has happens every year, except the first where I think it was so cool people had arm warmers and toe covers on!
Quote Reply
Re: IM-WI weather forecast...here we go again! [WiScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I predict 117 by noon. Have a nice day.
Quote Reply
Re: IM-WI weather forecast...here we go again! [ahoodlum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Piece o' cake!! After effingham, we'll all be wearing tights and thermal jerseys.

See you soon,
-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can bet it will feel well above 90 out on the pavement. I made the mistake last year of thinking 80 deg. was going to be a pleasant day to race.

People I've loved, I have no regrets
Some I remember, some I forget
Some of them living, some of them dead
All I want is to be home ".....Foo Fighters, Home

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's fine with me....I'd rather shuffle in the heat than the snow!

Also makes for better co-ed viewing pleasure!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe that were calling for cooler temps on race day at this point in time the last two years ...?

Maybe they will be wrong again!
Quote Reply
Re: IM-WI weather forecast...here we go again! [mike419] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've learned to ignore forcasts come prepared for anything and check conditions when you wake up at 4:00am and forcast(even then can change)
Last year went to bed right before midnight before the race at ironman wisconsin. Forcast was light winds from best direction(least headwinds and tail at end)
highs in mid to high 70's. 4 hours later at 4:00am turned on tv and bam. Highs mid 80's wind speeds doubled and shifted to the worse case scenario.

Same thing happened in canada last week so it's gonna be what it's gonna be you can't change it so just be prepared for anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was the same pattern in 03 and 04. Calling for 70's early in the week and then turned out to be 90 someting in 03 and close to 90 in 04. Good Luck! I will there as a volunteer at the Crosse Plaines Aid station in a bright orange hawaiin shirt.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: IM-WI weather forecast...here we go again! [Ed in IL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had arm warmers in my transition bag last year based on Wednesday's forecast. I did not use them.

I'll be the sag wagon from the Terrace to Verona. I hope not to see any of you. But, should you melt like so much GU, I shall scrape you up and take you home (or at least to the nearest aid station).
Quote Reply
Re: IM-WI weather forecast...here we go again! [Ed in IL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It was the same pattern in 03 and 04. Calling for 70's early in the week and then turned out to be 90 someting in 03 and close to 90 in 04. Good Luck! I will there as a volunteer at the Crosse Plaines Aid station in a bright orange hawaiin shirt.
Ed - look for my bright orange shoes - they'll go well with your shirt.

People I've loved, I have no regrets
Some I remember, some I forget
Some of them living, some of them dead
All I want is to be home ".....Foo Fighters, Home

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll take warmer any day! Course I've been training the the god-forsaken-valley-of-the-blazing-inferno-like-sun all summer.........that's what I get for signing up for a late season IM and then moving to the desert.

Is beeyooteefull in the Milwaukee area today. :-)

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply