Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IFIT or TV
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a treadmill with a built in screen with IFIT and use the manual mode while watching a TV instead? IFIT looks nice, but I bought a TV stand and TV for my trainer and treadmill. I'm not sure I want to pay for amother subscription or membership. I'm obviously not getting everything out of the treadmill, but think another $15/month in addition to either TrainerRoad or Zwift is unnecessary.
Quote Reply
Re: IFIT or TV [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t pay for IFIT, just watch stuff on a tv in front of the treadmill. There are featured workouts on IFIT that work without a membership but rarely do I want to do the actual workout that matches on screen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got a new Nordic Track treadmill. It came with a free year of iFit so I've been trying it out. The screen is awesome, but to be honest the content does nothing for me. I mounted a TV on the wall in front of it with an Apple TV. I use Zwift, Netflix, etc to pass the time and just use the data screen on the treadmill.

That said, my wife (legit runner, multiple BQ's) loves the videos with iFit. Too each their own I guess...
Last edited by: shawrx: Mar 23, 20 18:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The ifit workouts are cool, but you have no control over workout parameters. Variable speed, incline, street view and coaching are nice features, but it's very random. One of the preloaded workouts is a street view in Cambodia and the grade varies up to like 15% and the total workout is something like 29m26s. A lot of the workouts are highly variable like I describe, but maybe too much. I got a nice laptop and TV mount and a new 43" coming Tuesday. I think I'll use it more and use manual mode. My wife seems to like the preloaded ifit workouts so I told her to try those and then maybe a free trial for 30 days. I'm like you guys as far as the TV mount behind. That's probably what I'll do. I do like the Create feature where you can run IM race courses. That would be a very nice option, but not worth $15/month imo.
Quote Reply