Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately
Quote | Reply
I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately even on hills reaching an average frequency of 190 vo2max
Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [Dante95] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [Dante95] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok? Are you going somewhere with this?

That's likely suboptimal, at best, and a recipe for disaster, at worst.

Want to full in some more details? Like what sports, what kinds of intervals (duration, rest, # of reps)?

How old are you? What are you training for? What does your whole week look like?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dante95 wrote:
I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately even on hills reaching an average frequency of 190 vo2max

i'll say it: a VO2 max of 190 is pretty impressive.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dante95 wrote:
Welcome to the forum. That's a quality frequency albeit with dimensional confusion. What are your maximum and resting heart rates?

Is interval training 6 times a week a good idea?
ChatGPT
The suitability of interval training six times a week depends on various factors, including your fitness level, overall health, the intensity of your workouts, and your body's ability to recover. Interval training, which involves alternating between periods of high-intensity exercise and rest or low-intensity activity, can be an effective way to improve cardiovascular fitness, burn calories, and enhance overall endurance.
However, it's essential to prioritize rest and recovery to prevent overtraining and reduce the risk of injury. Overtraining can lead to fatigue, decreased performance, and an increased susceptibility to injuries.
Here are some considerations:

1. Fitness Level: If you're new to interval training or exercise in general, it's advisable to start with a lower frequency and gradually increase as your fitness improves.

2. Recovery Time: Adequate recovery time between sessions is crucial. Your body needs time to repair and adapt to the stress of high-intensity workouts.

3. Listen to Your Body: Pay attention to how your body responds to the training. If you experience persistent fatigue, soreness, or a decline in performance, it may be a sign that you need more rest.

4. Variety in Training: Consider incorporating different types of workouts throughout the week to avoid overuse of specific muscle groups and reduce the risk of boredom.

5. Consultation with a Professional: If you have any existing health conditions or concerns, it's a good idea to consult with a fitness professional or healthcare provider to ensure that a high-frequency interval training routine is appropriate for you.
Ultimately, the key is to strike a balance between challenging yourself with effective workouts and allowing your body the time it needs to recover. If you're unsure about the optimal frequency for your situation, consider working with a fitness professional who can tailor a program to your individual needs and goals
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Dec 4, 23 15:17
Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
Dante95 wrote:

i'll say it: a VO2 max of 190 is pretty impressive.

No no no, he said his average frequency is 190 VO2max, not just his VO2max. Even on hills! Literally no idea what that means.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have any EPO you can share with us? my vo2 max is only 120
Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe he means his HR is hitting 190?
Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh?

We're quoting chatgpt to answer forum posts now? If you don't have anything better to say....

That response is uttterly, useless garbage.

There is no sensible training program that does internals six times a week... In any real sense. The information that the OP delineated makes no sense.

The only intensity described by the OP (very loosely) is vo2max. No one does vo2max intervals (5x 3-5 min max effort) 6 times a week with good reason. But, 190 as a frequency makes no sense... Frequency of what? It also doesn't makes sense as a measure of vo2max, which should be between 40-90 ml/kg/l. Even if the OP means a heart rate of 190 bpm, there's nothing "impressive" about that. It's just a number that represents NOTHING from a performance perspective.

We need lots more information before we can provide any kind of meaningful feedback to the OP.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Dec 3, 23 18:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dante95 wrote:

when did vo2max become the unit of measure for frequency?
Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jollyroger88 wrote:
Dante95 wrote:

when did vo2max become the unit of measure for frequency?

Americans will do anything to avoid the metric system
Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally I'm going with "bot". In the topic Thailandultras started, the person's response to the topic was pretty much an AI generated or cut/paste response from an internet article or something. Same as the intro topic they started.
Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Personally I'm going with "bot". In the topic Thailandultras started, the person's response to the topic was pretty much an AI generated or cut/paste response from an internet article or something. Same as the intro topic they started.
Yes in the Baekkegaard thread the OP spammed with snipped text describing DB's early tri years and then a clip to a GTN 'what did 'stars' do after stopping racing' which was quite interesting actually (Greg Welch et al). But had FA to do with thread.
Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:

100% My guess is some real poster created an account for an "AI" to have fun with us. But was pretty lazy about it.
Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:

Thank goodness Hertz is pretty universal, not just SI. I can imagine some English system based on how long Her Majesty steeps her tea instead of seconds.
Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:

Thank goodness Hertz is pretty universal, not just SI. I can imagine some English system based on how long Her Majesty steeps her tea instead of seconds.

I wouldn't go within one whales-length of the metric system :)
Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
However, I meant that my workout is based both internally and externally. In short, I am preparing to compete as an ironman next year by performing high intensity exercises every other day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My main characteristics are
164cm tall
Weight 53 kg
I train 6 times a week. I alternate both low and high intensity workouts with my 2200 kcal diet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dante95 wrote:
OP:. . . I've been doing interval training 6 times a week . . .
. . . performing high intensity exercises every other day . . .

. . I train 6 times a week. I alternate both low and high intensity workouts with my 2200 kcal diet

"intervals 6 times a week" or "every other day" or "low and high intensity 6 times a week"?
Which is it?
Btw, you will lose weight, to your detriment, if you restrict your intake to 2200kcal (with that level of training).

Best of luck with your progress towards a long distance triathlon.
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Dec 5, 23 7:28
Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I alternate once with fast sprint bikes and then slow runs and the next time I alternate to intensify, I don't know if I've made myself clear
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dante95 wrote:
So I alternate once with fast sprint bikes and then slow runs and the next time I alternate to intensify, I don't know if I've made myself clear

So many questions:

-Are you swimming at all? An ironman has a 2.4 mile swim
-The only running you're doing is slow running every other day? How far? How fast?
-What do you mean by "fast sprint bikes"? 3x10sec sprints? 10x3min efforts? Surely you understand that sprinting is not a key performance indicator nor a good way to train for a 112mile bike race.
-What does frequency of 190 Vo2max mean???
-6 days/week only equals every other day on a 12 day week
-What does "workout is based internally and externally" mean?

Honestly I would just google "Ironman training program" and pick any one of the hundreds of free ones. The worst one of those will be better than what appears to be happening above.
Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't waste your time with this thing.

Clearly, someone is testing a bot/AI system in this forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Internal workouts are where you think a lot about Ironman. You need to pace these properly, otherwise your brain will get overtrained. You should only probably do one 4.5 hr “triathlon thinking” session per week until you build up enough Z2 thinking endurance. Eventually the goal is to do a 1:1 thinking session before the actual race, where you spend an entire racelength workout immobile, only daydreaming about triathlon. YMMV.

You can if you’re hitting your thinking intensity targets by drawing jugular venous blood to measure the oxygen saturation. You want to aim for an extraction ratio of at least 30% or you won’t be able to think your way through the Ironman
Last edited by: eblackadder: Dec 5, 23 7:18
Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting - somewhere between a furlong and a stones-throw I imagine...I think its what the base the shuttle run on, right?
Quote Reply
Re: I've been doing interval training 6 times a week lately [Yutaka Sonik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply

Prev Next