Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I'm sick as a dog: Respiratory infection.
Quote | Reply
I don't know where this came from, maybe too much cold, humid air on the moring rides or some such thing. I got a respiratory infection that is just killing me. It is actually painful. My voice is pretty much gone too and it hurts to talk. It sucks.

Damn, I hope this goes away quick.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: I'm sick as a dog: Respiratory infection. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine started off in my throat, then to sinus and then to lungs. Just starting to get over it. It's been almost two weeks. Felt tired all the time and lots of coughing. Hope it's not what I've had.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are probably run down too, with the super long hours you have done of late. Close up shop tomorrow and stay on the couch with the cats and a book all day. It will give you a chance to dose up before getting some anti-biotics from the Doc on Tuesday.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I have to add is be careful. 4 weeks ago I thought I had the flu or a cold. Turns out it was pneumonia. Which it also turns out you can get just like the flu or common cold. Hope you get better soon.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm sick as a dog: Respiratory infection. [PH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had pneumonia twice before. Unfortunately this feels like it. Same chest pain. Sucks. I feel like unmitigated shit.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You sure you don't feel like mitigated shit?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Story time, I did Ironman Canada once not knowing I had bacterial pneumonia. Actually had a good race but found out week later after visit to Drs. ofiice that it could have killed me. Very, very lucky, someone was looking out for me that day.

Tom, Enjoy the rest!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ewww, sounds awful. If you think it could be pneumonia then you should call your doctor and have him call in some drugs for you. That shit can get serious FAST! Go look at that new Bianchi of yours and you'll feel better....what a beautiful paint job. Get well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What greydog said. Go to an urgent/accute care center. That shot of antibiotics I got really helped turn things around, and shortened my recovery time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the pneumonia/bronchitis thing last May. This May, it's just upper respiratory stuff, and I'm fighting to limit it to that area. Nothing like good old pneumonia to kick your butt for a couple of weeks.

In case you didn't know, pneumonia is one of the biggest causes of death in non-old people (and it is the ultimate demise of many of the elderly, too). Worked on a robust 40-something man this past spring that started out with the flu...he didn't make it. Several others that were relatively young died in the same general area at about the same time. Seriously, take it seriously. Get well. THEN work out.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well you have been busting your ass in the shop (or at least everybody's else's ass in the shop), lots of hours and riding hard in that cold shit you call weather.

But on the bright side, how is the ankle?
Last edited by: Monk: May 29, 05 14:14
Quote Reply
Re: I'm sick as a dog: Respiratory infection. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, now that I'm sick, my ankle has been well for months.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply