Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I'm in love - my new bike
Quote | Reply
(Pic to come soon)

After a lot of research and inquery I finally bought my new bike. It's a Cannondale R1000.

My biggest concern was size. I wasn't sure if I needed a 56 or 58, because I don't plan on getting a new bike in the next few years, and I don't want the bike to become small after a year and then I'll be screwed.

Well at the shop they measured me (1.77m!), and decided the 56 would be a perfect fit now, but because I have long legs and arms, the 58 would also fit (by pushing the seat all the way forward).

It's a totally different feeling. Up to now I was riding a 2001 Bianchi, size 53. On my Cannondale (which is like a million times lighter) I feel so 'springy', as opposed to the sluggish feeling I've been experiencing these past few months while riding my Bianchi.

One last thing. I really didn't like the lime green color the R1000 had, so they ended up giving me the black frame (which usually features a triple crank - not to worry they gave me a double). It's black with big white letters, and some writings in gold. The tires are also black with gold lines running along them. Ksyrium Elites (good for training from what I heard).

I love it.
Last edited by: freestyle: Jul 9, 04 5:53
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in love - my new bike [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a new bike too. Three days ago. A new 2004 Cannondale IM 2000 with Dura-Ace and Visiontech aerobars. I like it. I am racing on it this weekend. I put a Selle Italia SLR T1 on it and so far I really like that saddle. We have some Arione tri saddles on the way too, so I am going to try one of those.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in love - my new bike [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I put a thin saddle on mine too. Selle San Marco ASPide Arrowhead
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats to both of you on your new bikes. Thanks to the guy that ran me over in his car, I will be getting a new ride soon as well.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in love - my new bike [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hit by a car! That sucks. Hopefully you weren't hurt seriously.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in love - my new bike [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, whiplash, sprained back and hip - I'm doing a lot better now. I don't want to hijack his thread.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yay for new bikes! I just bought a new Guru TriLite, Ultegra/DA mix with FSA cranks and Easton clip-ons. Red with yellow and white accents and lettering. Now I can't wait to get race wheels - it'll have to wait until next spring but it'll happen!!

It gets delivered next week - first ride scheduled for Friday.

Josh
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in love - my new bike [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another new bike Tom?? Did you really need another one? It's a good thing the Kestrel 200SCi frame and fork are on their way or I'd have something to whine about. On the other hand I had to sell one of my Softrides to pay for the Kestrel....anyone got a small Softride frame they'd like to sell?
Quote Reply