Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [Mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am “Super Poseur Yoga Guy” which means that I casually stroll around the gym dressed in organic cotton fabric clothing and Birkenstock sandals with my Yoga mat hanging gracefully over my right shoulder. I never actually do any Yoga, I just stroll around and pick up Hotties!!

If you stroll around in organic fabric, Birkenstocks with a Yoga mat "gracefully" slung over your shoulder...all you're picking up is the old naked shaving guy!
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [bighorsecreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mojo wears many costumes, but each costume must be appropriate for each inidividual occasion (it must flow with the season) including my: "Visor Guy" git-up which means my beautiful long brown hair flows over the brim of my visor. It's like a reverse mullet. Chicks totally dig the 'hair' of mystery about Mojo for sure. I can see out, but they cannot see in.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [key4871] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"why do those (usually senior in age) shave naked at the health club???"

Thought they were called "AG triathletes". In the off season of course.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [bighorsecreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im stand in the middle of the lockerroom with one foot on a bench, talking about my new mdot tatoo, while drying my choad and asscrack...guy

Semper Fi

Motor, Suffer, Bonk
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [marines369] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Im stand in the middle of the lockerroom with one foot on a bench, talking about my new mdot tatoo, while drying my choad and asscrack...guy

LOL
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [SneakySpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The guy putting on a free clinic...that nobody notices.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just ask them questions to make them feel stupid..

Quote | Reply
I'm the masters and triathlon club coach guy.

For the denizens of the pool who see me swim, I am undoubtedly pink polka dots guy.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [SneakySpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I'm know as the dickhead runner dude by the personal trainers. I'm not sure why. It could be b/c I typically correct them in front of their clients when I hear them laying down BS training advice.

Pretty weak...I work in the health club industry and if saw anyone doing that to my trainers they'd be finding a new club real quick.

You would kick out a dues-paying member for doing so? On what basis?

A person who consistantly interupts training sessions with paying members...yeah they gotta go

Hmm. That's a gutsy (and potentially foolish) move. Do you have contracts with your members? If so, I certainly hope you are planing on fully refunding their dues for the entire contract period if you plan on pursuing this course of action.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The dumbbell

==============================================================
Computer help in the Sacramento CA Area: http://computerrepairsacramentoca.net
==============================================================
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm know as the dickhead runner dude by the personal trainers. I'm not sure why. It could be b/c I typically correct them in front of their clients when I hear them laying down BS training advice.

I think I would just call you the know-it-all dickhead. Like another poster said, even if you disagree with what a person is telling someone else, it is pretty arrogant of you to interrupt a paying members session in order to give someone what you think is the correct information. Would you also do that with a regular member giving their partner advice, even if it was wrong? If so, you'd probably get punched pretty quickly.

Part of the Slowtwitch Strength Training Association. Picking up something heavier than a bike makes me happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm one of the old guys in the college gym who is fitter than nearly all the students' fathers who are about the same age as me, gets called "sir" way too often and remembers fondly what it felt like to be 20.

Hopefully in about 20 years I'll be the really old guy in the college swimming pool who wears a bath robe to and from the pool and doesn't care what others think.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Nov 1, 10 18:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am the ONLY speedo guy now that I am in rural Southern Utah. I am also the short short runner trying to run way too fast while yelling every 10 seconds ON YOUR RIGHT, ON YOUR LEFT, COMING THOUGH. I also clip people when I run on the track and they walk in front of me. Seriously the only time I act like that. Calm driver and everything.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [adambeston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm laughing at all the people doing funny things on Bosu balls guy. Which gets funnier every day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm former bodybuilder-slowly-turning-triathlete who can still do unassisted wide grip pull ups and chest dips, but struggles with lifting more for muscle endurance than muscle hypertrophy. :(
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Pretty weak...I work in the health club industry and if saw anyone doing that to my trainers they'd be finding a new club real quick.

You would kick out a dues-paying member for doing so? On what basis?

A person who consistantly interupts training sessions with paying members...yeah they gotta go

Hmm. That's a gutsy (and potentially foolish) move. Do you have contracts with your members? If so, I certainly hope you are planing on fully refunding their dues for the entire contract period if you plan on pursuing this course of action.

No contract so we are neither gutsy nor foolish. We are a month to month health club and reserve the right to terminate any members memberhsip at anytime given they don't abide by the member usage agreement that they signed when they started their membership up. I believe impeding on an employees job frequently as the initial poster stated (surprisingly he/she was very proud of being a dickhead) is grounds for termination.

Considering that you feel the initial posters actions are justified you can guess where that puts you...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm the guy on the treadmill who always gets caught staring at the girls in short/tight shorts and sports bras.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What happened to this outfit?

Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm one of the old guys in the college gym who is fitter than nearly all the students' fathers who are about the same age as me, gets called "sir" way too often and remembers fondly what it felt like to be 20.

x2, only I'm also fitter than the vast majority of the college students working out there. Before class we sometimes talk about seeing each other at the gym, and they are amazed that I ran 5-10 miles on the treadmill that morning, can still (last I checked) put up 275 on the bench, etc.

However, when I swim with the swim team, I have to swim in the girls' lane b/c the guys kick my a$$.

Quote | Reply
Quote:
No contract so we are neither gutsy nor foolish. We are a month to month health club and reserve the right to terminate any members memberhsip at anytime given they don't abide by the member usage agreement that they signed when they started their membership up. I believe impeding on an employees job frequently as the initial poster stated (surprisingly he/she was very proud of being a dickhead) is grounds for termination.

Considering that you feel the initial posters actions are justified you can guess where that puts you...

Given that we are discussing Desert Dude's (hereinafter "DD") actions, then we must assume the facts presented by DD to be true and accurate, to wit: DD corrects trainers who provide incorrect and/or inaccurate training advice to the people they are training. Your position is that, if confronted by DD, you would terminate his membership.

Have you considered the publicity shit-storm that could create? If DD were the litigious type, he could sue you for tortious interference with a contract and/or breach of contract. The public policy consideration at play is the well-being of dues-paying members who are receiving inaccurate and/or incorrect training advice that could (a) sabotage their training and (b) potentially expose them to injury.

The negative publicity alone could kill a club, especially in this economy where gym membership is declining and many gyms are suffering.

In response to my position regarding DD's actions, again, for purposes of this discussion, we have to take the facts in the light most favorable to the assertion party. Thus, we have assume DD is correct in his statement that he is correcting inaccurate and/or incorrect training advice. Given those facts, you bet I support his actions.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! Glad I stir clear of the gym!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Publicity shit-storm...puh lease, sorry man our trainers know what they are talking about (they have the degree and the appropriate certifications). Do you think it is our trainers best interest to sabotage their clients training, expose them to injury or provide them inaccurate information? Yeah we want our members who train injured and to have little faith in the person training them...considering our trainers work on commission that obviously keeps the business trucking along:)

One idiot know it all member's (canceled membership) would not kill our club or any other club. Our econmy has been declining for quite some time now so don't play that card...things have evened out and our paying members are actually comming more becasue of this. People still join health clubs...it come down to if they will actually use their membership.

Having that know it all member out of the club would more than likely boost every other members experience. I have no clue what you do for work, I know for a fact if someone outside of yourwork place corrected you (Monday Quarterbacked You) in front of a client or co worker you would be pissed off.

To DD again I would love to kick you out of my club for your idiot behavior. Maybe you could then go troll the mall, dealerships, or high school coaches and tell them how to do their job. I bet you'd love that.

Back to the topic at hand I was too tired to workout man today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wife beater in running shorts and racing flats (for the treadmill).

PS: I beat that bitch real bad.

http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Again, you do not get to decide the facts in this case. You have to take the facts as DD presented them, if you choose to condemn his actions. You want to answer the quetion YOU want, not the question asked.

One more thing -- you may want to go back to DD's post and check out his credentials before condemning his actions. He provides his full name and a link to his business in his signature line.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just another mamil.. (middle-aged man in lycra ;-)

actually that's in the pool. In the gym, cotton sweatpants and long-sleeve T to hide my puny musculature.. shooting for invisible man status there.
Quote Reply

Prev Next