Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I'm FREE, I'm Free- Out of Cast Finally
Quote | Reply
I just saw my surgeon this morning and he has released me from my shackles. Thats right after 8 weeks in a friggin cast I am out. Now I get to look forward to a month of PT and a lot of Rehab, which is about 10 times better than sitting on ass doing nothing, which is what I have been doing for the last 8 weeks, minus some weightlifting the last 2 weeks. He even said I can start running on Wed, only one block, but it is still running YAHOOOOOO. I can swim all I want, just no hard presses out of the wall with my right leg. And I can start riding on my trainer again, but only for short periods of time. At this point I could careless if I can only ride for five minutes it beats doing nothing.

It's sad when you look forward to a one block run or a five minute ride on the trainer but for me it is like winning the lottery!

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Last edited by: hasbeenswimmer: Feb 14, 05 12:11
Quote Reply
Re: I'm FREE, I'm Free- Out of Cast Finally [hasbeenswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Valentine's Day, baby! That's good news! Not much else is better than returning to normal after an extended layoff, even those first few miniscule "workouts". Take your time, though, and remember that it's a long way until the heart of the season - no need to rush things too quickly! (By the way, for what were you "casted"?)
Quote Reply
Re: I'm FREE, I'm Free- Out of Cast Finally [bigskies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Early last (don't know exactly when)year I broke my Medial Maelleolus of my right Tibia. It is the big lump on the inside of your ankle. Like an idiot I ignored it and ran, did 5 Tris (sprints and Oly dist) and a few 5K and 10Ks. In July I finally went to a doc and had an X ray to determine if I had a break, which I did. So I started treament then, but went the super conservative route so I could stay active in my job. Of course none of the treatments worked so I had to have two screws and a wire harness put in to bring everything back together. When the surgeon cut me open he found that tendon that runs of the Medial Maelleolus was nearly shreaded in half, so he had to repair the Tendon at the same time he repair the fracture.

The Moral to the story is that if your ankle swells up and hurts like hell when you run you go go see a Dr right a way not 3-6 months later.

Thanks for the nice words, I can't wait to swim tonight!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Re: I'm FREE, I'm Free- Out of Cast Finally [hasbeenswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
       Ah, that's great news! I know how you feel, I'm just a little bit ahead of you with my rehab.

Good luck and heal well. Maybe I'll see you in KC at Nationals. I plan to be there and to do well!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply