Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here
Quote | Reply
A blind man could see why there is so much whining here.

You've got a long AND hot bike ride scheduled tommorrow in 96 degree heat, or run, or both, and it's Friday, and you just can't be "still" because you really don't want to do it. It starts at the crack of dawn. The ride will be too painful and you are questioning what the worth of it would be anyway, compared to just going out tonight and getting wasted or gouging on steaks and dark beer, and calling tommorrow a recovery day. You could be out having a good time when instead you are lying flat on your back, on Friday night, on your bed or couch, staring at the ceiling, as still as a China Doll, trying to conserve energy waiting for the horrifying, death knell alarm clock to go off at 5 for the heat cooker to begin.
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, so?

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You've got a long AND hot bike ride scheduled tommorrow in 96 degree heat"

Close, but no cigar. Our long and hot bike ride is on Sunday morning. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but my alarm is going off at 4:00 am tomorrow. No wonder I am in a shitty mood!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
close - hard training day today and a local 15K road race in the morning. Glistening bottles of Oberon and Newcastle are calling my name . . .
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [Al P Duez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"my alarm is going off at 4:00 am tomorrow"

I can remember a time when Friday night meant that was about the time we'd stop partying and went to bed. I'm getting old.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, typical Friday night is preparing for Sat and Sun mega training. I just started back up.

Oh joy!!!

I need a vacation sooooo badly.
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
me too. Maybe I will try staying up till 4am and see how I race. Maybe I will do better than staring at the ceiling fan, anxiously trying to get to sleep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude's you need to chill!!! you do this for fun right!? i my self wish i was going for a long ride this weekend, but no i have to go on the yearly Family camping trip with the inlaws, and it looks like its going to rain!

so i hope you all have fun! and do a ride for me!!!

Dan...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spending tongiht and ALL day tomorrow with my daughter... No workout at all. Not that that's a bad thing...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [Al P Duez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stayed up way late boozing once with my pals. Got up the next day and ran a 5k race. It is still my 5k PR.

-shiz-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope. Getting up at 5am is for anal triathletes. Ya wonder why people whine and bitch? They're tired! GET MORE SLEEP YA RETARDS!

I start my rides at 10am (edited)(sometimes noon!), and I thoroughly enjoy ever min of them. All 6 hours if that's how long i'm riding. The hotter the better too. If it's raining, I go to the gym instead, which is full of hotties... so that's not bad either.

I gouge on steaks and drink beer on Friday nights too. Good fuel if you ask me.

I'll be doing a stag party tomorrow night too and STILL run on Sunday... hungover if need be.
Last edited by: synchronicity: Jun 24, 05 19:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
96 degree heat...All I can say is if your bitching about that, your a pussy. Try 108 when I started my ride yesterday. Didn't seem bad just a bit warm. 96 degrees, we still use arm warmers for that.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jun 24, 05 17:28
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [synchronicity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I start my rides at 10pm (sometimes noon!)
What are you a Vampire??? lol It must be annoying having to charge your lighting system all the time! ;-)

Last edited by: GasMunky: Jun 24, 05 17:21
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are consistent on this point, so I'm thinking your serious? Do you really think it only gets hot in AZ? Try bumping along in the 70's for most of the spring and jump out in 95+... If it's linear relationship you'll need to see 130's before you can talk smack.
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [Chappy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lived on the east coast near the coast. Trained in 95 temps and 95% humidity every day. Not as bad as 108.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
96 degree heat...All I can say is if your bitching about that, your a pussy. Try 108 when I started my ride yesterday. Didn't seem bad just a bit warm. 96 degrees, we still use arm warmers for that.
Yes. But it's a dry heat. :-) Try 96 degrees and 96% RH. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [Trianthes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
close - hard training day today and a local 15K road race in the morning. Glistening bottles of Oberon and Newcastle are calling my name . . .
You mean glistening bottles of Sol Sun! That's what it was called when I lived there. Good stuff either way...

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
see previous post. The other nice thing about here is the intensity of the sun. Makes the east coast look like it is socked in from a rain storm all the time.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
see previous post. The other nice thing about here is the intensity of the sun. Makes the east coast look like it is socked in from a rain storm all the time.
:-) I used to go out to AZ and Nevada every summer to try to burn car engines up. One of the guys I used to go with always said "but it's a dry heat" when we were in Stove Pipe Wells, Death Valley and 120 degrees. It's really fun getting a 1/4 of the way up Townes pass and have the AC shut off to help cool the engine. I've had my share of Carbacues in Death Valley. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carbacues LMFAO at that one!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do like me then...I hate getting up super early more than getting really hot while training, so I will likely start riding around 8am tomorrow and will finish around noon maybe a bit later...sure it's hot, but I am up at 6.30 instead of 5...will likely be 100+ tomorrow...good for my tan :-)
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [jtaylor1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely correct. Apparantly a little cease and desist letter from a Mexican beer company changed the name. There were a couple of Bell's brewers who would bring kegs of it to the Ultimate fields and the after party. That is when you could stay up all night drinkin' and still run the next day.
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good lord ya whiners, you all could be running the WESTERN STATES 100 tomorrow or how about DAY 7 of RAAM!? SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!
Quote Reply
Re: I'll Tell You The Problem About What's Going On Right Here [Trianthes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn- Ultimate, Sol Sun, and summers in Michigan bring back some good memories indeed!!

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply

Prev Next