Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hydration system help needed for TT Bike
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

Been reading through the forum for a while now and decided that it is time to join this great community.

I have bought myseld a 2019 Giant Trinity Pro Advanced 01. For someone who loves to research and is usually on top of my game, I didnt know that there is a TT version and a Tri version of the bike. So, that is where my questions started. I was planning on using Giant's Hydration system upfront, but won't be able to seeing that this is a TT Bike.

I need to figure out what my setup is going to be and how i'll be using it.

At the moment I'm thinking to get a between the bar hydration and a bottle behind the seat.

1) Best between the bar system?
2) If my bars are tilted, would they work?
Quote Reply
Re: Hydration system help needed for TT Bike [Johandv13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Johandv13 wrote:
Hi All,

Been reading through the forum for a while now and decided that it is time to join this great community.

I have bought myseld a 2019 Giant Trinity Pro Advanced 01. For someone who loves to research and is usually on top of my game, I didnt know that there is a TT version and a Tri version of the bike. So, that is where my questions started. I was planning on using Giant's Hydration system upfront, but won't be able to seeing that this is a TT Bike.

I need to figure out what my setup is going to be and how i'll be using it.

At the moment I'm thinking to get a between the bar hydration and a bottle behind the seat.

1) Best between the bar system?
2) If my bars are tilted, would they work?

Not true. I own the TT version and when it's hotter outside and want to get a longer training ride in I toss on the hydration kit. Even using the standard TT version stem and not the tri version that is higher up.

The key is you have to arrange the pro front head tube spacers under the stem in the right order so that the bottom mount for the correct size hydration bottle fits. The only caveat is that you cannot run the bottom little "smoothing" plastic piece on the bottom of the bottle that kind of matches the shape of the tire. You have to remove that.

Otherwise, it works.
Quote Reply
Re: Hydration system help needed for TT Bike [Johandv13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have tried many of the systems with straws between the arms and also on the frame. As a result of tilt and need to replenish during longer races I have settled on just a standard bottle for simplicity. My bike has the tri rig aero bar set up so I use their brackets but and bottle stand brackets should work with zip ties.
Quote Reply